Vancouver Special Sightings

Enviro 500

2 hours ago, MCW Metrobus said:

Let the outrage begin!

Now I'm having second thoughts about that 41 I signed! ?

Naw! Looking at the paddles the 41 is a designated trolley run. Probably something happening that made them to decide to put diesels on it temporary.

• Like 1

They wanted to put the deckers on the 354 but the City of White Rock doesn't want to prune the trees in order to clear the decker, so maybe thats why they put the decker on the 311 to test it out, could be why the test bus was at RTC the other week.  Just a thought.

5 hours ago, 9924 said:

They wanted to put the deckers on the 354 but the City of White Rock doesn't want to prune the trees in order to clear the decker, so maybe thats why they put the decker on the 311 to test it out, could be why the test bus was at RTC the other week.  Just a thought.

The 354 doesn't even have the ridership to justify the need for deckers beyond the Park & Ride anyway. I've taken the route a couple times in the PM before COVID started and both times on the last quarter of the trip from around South White Rock to WRC I've been the only passenger on-board and the bus was maybe half-full between the P&R and South White Rock.

7 hours ago, 8010 said:

The 354 doesn't even have the ridership to justify the need for deckers beyond the Park & Ride anyway. I've taken the route a couple times in the PM before COVID started and both times on the last quarter of the trip from around South White Rock to WRC I've been the only passenger on-board and the bus was maybe half-full between the P&R and South White Rock.

Evening trips aren’t very busy, but the AM trips fill up quick once it gets onto 160th

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 8010 said:

The 354 saw a quarter million rides in 2019, while that may not seem much, if a large part of that ridership is within a small time window throughout the day, there could very well be a need to add a decker onto that run even if its only really needed between Bridgeport and the P&R.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Tidom said:

Walking out of Scott Road Stn, and had R19417 roll in to the exchange, no route number, drop off a few people, then roll on out.  Possibly due to a MVA resulting in massive delays, and requiring a reroute for the 555.

It's 2 accidents in 1.5km of each other, all WB