Vancouver Special Sightings

Enviro 500

10 hours ago, MCW Metrobus said:

Think he just made a wrong turn? ?

I had a highway Nova 18454 on my afternoon 301 this afternoon and I was hoping to put the "Rear boarding only" PR code but it's not programmed, still says "Go team go" ?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Phillip said:

I had a highway Nova 18454 on my afternoon 301 this afternoon and I was hoping to put the "Rear boarding only" PR code but it's not programmed, still says "Go team go" ?

Psst, 18456 is programming with "Rear Boarding Only"...

Last Sunday afternoon, someone was clearly trolling, because I rolled into South Surrey Park and Ride, spotted the other 351 sitting there showing REAR BOARDING ONLY. Uh... what rear door...?

• Haha 2

On 4/9/2020 at 5:34 PM, MCW Metrobus said:

Psst, 18456 is programming with "Rear Boarding Only"...

Last Sunday afternoon, someone was clearly trolling, because I rolled into South Surrey Park and Ride, spotted the other 351 sitting there showing REAR BOARDING ONLY. Uh... what rear door...?

Roof hatch

• Haha 2

On 4/17/2020 at 8:37 PM, FlyingPig said:

Along with the fact that a standard bus can only hold 15 passengers total.

I would think that it is in order to comply with Physical Distancing regulations like you mentioned, and also to hold more passengers. As well, because it is longer, it is easier to stay 6 feet away from others in an artic. 

1 hour ago, rickie22 said:

About 8:40-8:45 this morning, I was on my bike and saw a B81?? signed as 99 "TO GRANVILLE / B-LINE". Rare short-turn, if the destination sign is correct. 

Probably a shuttle for help with crowding. The 49's have been having shuttles between Metrotown stn and Cambie st.  

• Like 1

On 4/23/2020 at 10:42 PM, Translink69 said:

Didn’t catch the fleet #, but there was an artic on the 531 this evening.

That is a weird sighting. I can't picture an artic running through Brookswood... or especially rural South Surrey.