Vancouver Special Sightings

Enviro 500

34 minutes ago, Express691 said:

S15007 is the first recorded artic headed to Aldergrove. I saw it a few moments ago in Fleetwood.

I believe i seen one a few weeks ago going that direction. And I'm sure it said Aldergrove. It's a rare sighting for sure! 

34 minutes ago, cleowin said:

i wonder why a single D40LF is out of VTC. Also why do they never give any spare D40LF's to BTC? They haven't seen a D40LF since Nova HEV's arrived in 2009

Let's spice things up and send stc some nova, send the d40lfr to btc. Because btc can't accommodate cng. Yet.. but this should be in a different thread so I'm gonna stop my dream here....

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Express691 said:

Hasn't happened since mid-January: Rapidbus 503, this time it's 18026

12 hours ago, DJ1400 said:

vise versa: there're 3 503's 15000s running R1

Not exactly surprising. Between the disruption to bus procurements and the extra sanitation requirements, CMBC have got to be fully in “throw whatever we got out there!” mode by now.

What are the long-term effects of this going to be, though? How long of a disruption to vehicle procurements will this cause, and how will that affect CMBC and BCRTC’s ability to maintain service once the movement and public assembly restrictions start lifting?

2 hours ago, GORDOOM said:

Not exactly surprising. Between the disruption to bus procurements and the extra sanitation requirements, CMBC have got to be fully in “throw whatever we got out there!” mode by now.

What are the long-term effects of this going to be, though? How long of a disruption to vehicle procurements will this cause, and how will that affect CMBC and BCRTC’s ability to maintain service once the movement and public assembly restrictions start lifting?

I think with all transit systems right now, it is 'do the best we can and take things one day at a time'. We all have to conduct ourselves with compassion and understanding in all aspects of our daily lives right now. Kudos to all businesses, transit included, for doing their best in the face of this horrendous pandemic. When restrictions lift, everyone just gets back on their feet, count their blessings, pick up the pieces and soldier on. It's all we can do, transit systems and individuals alike. Things may be different in the future, we may have a 'new normal' to adjust to, but I am confident everything will workout in the end.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...