Vancouver Special Sightings

Enviro 500

17 minutes ago, Express691 said:

Everyone else, you *do not* want this discussion to pass Toronto on how low you can go.

I advise we all stop with the meaningless comments and move on.

If I may ask a question that is (mostly) related to special sightings, I saw a D40LFR (don't remember the number) near Burnaby Mountain a week or so back. I'm guessing it was just for training purposes, but why would a bus from STC need to go all the way out there? Is it to train new drivers how to handle inclines?

38 minutes ago, bob32189 said:

If I may ask a question that is (mostly) related to special sightings, I saw a D40LFR (don't remember the number) near Burnaby Mountain a week or so back. I'm guessing it was just for training purposes, but why would a bus from STC need to go all the way out there? Is it to train new drivers how to handle inclines?

Yes, that would count as a special sighting. Maintenance or not, you never really see a D40LFR on Burnaby mountain. 

Burnaby mountain is handy due to its location, and is ideal for maintenance tests.

I remember when 7493 had its maintenance tests at metrotown when it was being refurbished. 

12 minutes ago, Express691 said:

Yes, that would count as a special sighting. Maintenance or not, you never really see a D40LFR on Burnaby mountain. 

Burnaby mountain is handy due to its location, and is ideal for maintenance tests.

I remember when 7493 had its maintenance tests at metrotown when it was being refurbished. 

I’ve seen Novas driving out to Coquitlam Station numerous times as well.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bob32189 said:

I saw the same bus too. Sign was just showing NIS.

16 hours ago, buizelbus said:

Well, this is the same guy who accused me of harrassing him after i asked him peacefully to take down my photo on his instagram lol

Yeah, “peacefully”? Complete opposite, you impersonated me in a cruel way with that psycho Eric back in January, plus, this isn’t the discussion page for arguments. Period, stalker.

7 minutes ago, Danthetransitfan8074 said:

Yeah, “peacefully”? Complete opposite, you impersonated me in a cruel way with that psycho Eric back in January, plus, this isn’t the discussion page for arguments. Period, stalker.

Take this into your own Private Messages, this forum is no place for an argument like this, geez.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Danthetransitfan8074 said:

I think it's time for you guys to take your prepubescent drama elsewhere as it's making you look childish and immature to be on a forum. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, popillil said:

Take this into your own Private Messages, this forum is no place for an argument like this, geez.

Alright, that is totally worthless saying that as I CLEARLY said that in my statement.

2 hours ago, Ninja Bus Fan said:

I think it's time for you guys to take your prepubescent drama elsewhere as it's making you look childish and immature to be on a forum. 

Blame it on him. As a matter of fact, this has been going on since October.

Here's a special sighting.

MCW Metrobus tells you guys to take your arguments elsewhere or you're ALL getting two weeks in the CPTDB doghouse.

(It's ok. Banned member "Promagstyle" has been squatting there for close to 12 years now. I heard that he renovated it to include a coach house for short-term tenants only.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Orion 9241 was seen on the 143 or 145 this morning. It only did one trip and I can't find it on T-Comm, but I swear I saw it go up the hill when I was at the Terry Fox Track. Couldn't get a picture fast enough.

And also, speaking of PTC, 8112 hasn't been in service in a very long time. 8043 is back to service this afternoon. And 8028/8057 seems dead to me.

3 hours ago, FlyingPig said:

Orion 9241 was seen on the 143 or 145 this morning. It only did one trip and I can't find it on T-Comm, but I swear I saw it go up the hill when I was at the Terry Fox Track. Couldn't get a picture fast enough.

I actually think it could have been any white Orion doing a maintenance run up Burnaby Mountain.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Translink69 said:

3344 was a WCE TrainBus on Monday evening 

Do you mean it was a 701 Mission City or a replacement vehicle for a broken down train?

Assuming it was a replacement vehicle (since a C40LFR on a 701 could hardly be called rare), are you implying there was only one bus to take care of the entire train's passengers?

1 hour ago, TechSpotlight said:

H19303 seen on Marine Way and Boundary Rd “NIS” with no licence plates and with packing material inside.  Operator looked like a maintenance worker.

*If this isn’t a special sighting let me know, I’m just visiting family in Vancouver!*

Welcome to Vancouver!

Our new (trial) electric fleet H19301-H19304 has been testing in that area for a month or two now :) 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, FlyingPig said:

Do you mean it was a 701 Mission City or a replacement vehicle for a broken down train?

Assuming it was a replacement vehicle (since a C40LFR on a 701 could hardly be called rare), are you implying there was only one bus to take care of the entire train's passengers?

It was a Trainbus 

There was a police incident that delayed the last 2 trains at Waterfront, and I believe the delay was 40+ minutes

37 minutes ago, Translink69 said:

It was a Trainbus 

There was a police incident that delayed the last 2 trains at Waterfront, and I believe the delay was 40+ minutes

Ah, I see.

On another note, 8102 is on 77/701 right now, and that block seems to include the 9pm trip to Mission City. Is this common? Is there that much demand on the evening 701s?

I remember my only trip from Mission was on 3351, on the 10:37am departure around 2 years ago. Even then, the bus was close to full seated load, and I guess two years later there would be a lot more.

56 minutes ago, FlyingPig said:

Ah, I see.

On another note, 8102 is on 77/701 right now, and that block seems to include the 9pm trip to Mission City. Is this common? Is there that much demand on the evening 701s?

I remember my only trip from Mission was on 3351, on the 10:37am departure around 2 years ago. Even then, the bus was close to full seated load, and I guess two years later there would be a lot more.

Yes, I’ve seen artics on Mission City trips multiple times