Vancouver Special Sightings

Enviro 500

1 minute ago, Brando737 said:

In emergency situations such as this event, sometimes emergency personnel will ask Translink for some of thier buses to be used for people affected by said event for a place to sit and relax or simply for a central place for paramedics to tend to people with minor injuries.  

Spoke to the op of 8140, my relief earlier in the day and he said no one used his bus at all likely because it was a nice sunny day.  

Ohh ok, thank you for the explanation. 

I remember reading an old article somewhere a little while ago that said that about three or four Translink buses (D40LFs) were called out to the airport many years ago to act as shelter busses and bring people to the hospital. I am not entirely sure what happened and my mind is a little blurry as to what the article said. I, unfortunately, am not able to find the article. Does anyone know anything about this?

3 hours ago, Thomasw said:

Ohh ok, thank you for the explanation. 

I remember reading an old article somewhere a little while ago that said that about three or four Translink buses (D40LFs) were called out to the airport many years ago to act as shelter busses and bring people to the hospital. I am not entirely sure what happened and my mind is a little blurry as to what the article said. I, unfortunately, am not able to find the article. Does anyone know anything about this?

This wasn't that hard to find...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=yvr+incident+cmbc

Which brings up...

• 2 weeks later...

Explains the artic transfers to STC recently (and perhaps for this weekend's events) - you want to lessen the amount of additional drivers needed but at the same time maximize capacity.

This and 15009 are involved with Vaisakhi festivities today.

I also have a photo of 15021 on special duties at Surrey Central.

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Danthetransitfan8074 said:

If it’s common, can an editor edit that please as it isn’t shown?

It's already on there. Besides, such information is arbitrary (to an extent) and as such, there can only be a limit to what sightings go on the wiki or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 99.bline said:

Oh my Gosh why are you so annoying 

I think you just need to calm down. We were all young and new here at one point in time. Not all of us know everything about everything, and Dan here is basically just trying to learn. Could it be done better? Probably. Does it matter? No.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GrandeWest_B35G said:

I think you just need to calm down. We were all young and new here at one point in time. Not all of us know everything about everything, and Dan here is basically just trying to learn. Could it be done better? Probably. Does it matter? No.

HA

18 minutes ago, buizelbus said:

Well, this is the same guy who accused me of harrassing him after i asked him peacefully to take down my photo on his instagram lol

DM, real quick

==========

Everyone else, you *do not* want this discussion to pass Toronto on how low you can go.

I advise we all stop with the meaningless comments and move on.

• Like 1