Vancouver Special Sightings

Enviro 500

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Community Shuttle said:

@buizelbus saw this on Google Maps. XD40 from RTC in Surrey with NIS on sign.

Screenshots are too large in size to upload here so here's a link to it and the general location on imgur:

https://imgur.com/a/5aNlH

That's probably from mid-2016, when the bus was freshly delivered and being drive from Port Kells to RTC.

8 minutes ago, Michael Marriott said:

That's probably from mid-2016, when the bus was freshly delivered and being drive from Port Kells to RTC.

I don't think that that can be the case when the bus already has advertisements.

Nonetheless my guess is that it had to go to Cullens for whatever reason.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ninja Bus Fan said:

Was wondering, why were artics removed from the 403 during peak hours and weekends ? Was it because the 404 moved from Ladner Exch to Riverport ? 

I know the 403 got a boost from 30 minutes to 20 minutes on Saturdays at around the same time those stopped, but I'm not sure if it's related. I think there's at least one AM 403/480 block right now that is sometimes done by an artic.

16 hours ago, Ninja Bus Fan said:

Was wondering, why were artics removed from the 403 during peak hours and weekends ? Was it because the 404 moved from Ladner Exch to Riverport ? 

14 hours ago, ThatBusGuy said:

I know the 403 got a boost from 30 minutes to 20 minutes on Saturdays at around the same time those stopped, but I'm not sure if it's related. I think there's at least one AM 403/480 block right now that is sometimes done by an artic.

The 403 has full artic service on Saturdays between 2013 (when the first batch of XDE60's arrived) until Fall 2015, when the 403 was increased from every 20 to every 15 minutes during Saturday midday.

As for the peak hour trips, the artics were assigned to the 480, and just happened to do 403 trips due to interlines.  As these interlines were reduced, and the 49 became a higher artic priority than the 480, it resulted in less peak hour artics on the 403.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Community Shuttle said:

Not sure if this counts because it just seems to be one of the ways a bus gets relocated, but a RTC XD40 is running a 410 from Steveston to Brighouse. Didn't get a number because I was quite far away and couldn't read it. Not on tcomm.

The school trip?