Vancouver Special Sightings

Enviro 500

6 hours ago, TranslinkKid said:

H16036 was on route 209 on Wednesday night. Photo shot from the back of V12008 on route 10.

IMG_7836.jpg

Some HTC buses were sent to Phibbs on Saturday night as well.  Apparently BTC doesn't have enough manpower to cover the fireworks specials so HTC is doing what they can't.  Good possibility of this again on Saturday.  There's a reason why they are hiring so many drivers and having afternoon training classes with the D/C40LFs at VTC other than just expansion.

On 8/3/2017 at 9:50 AM, Brando737 said:

Some HTC buses were sent to Phibbs on Saturday night as well.  Apparently BTC doesn't have enough manpower to cover the fireworks specials so HTC is doing what they can't.  

Which is funny, because I'd be willing to bet a good number of those HTC drivers haven't had North Van route training...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, MCW Metrobus said:

Which is funny, because I'd be willing to bet a good number of those HTC drivers haven't had North Van route training...

If I'm 'on the clock', I go where they send me ... I may need a pilot car, but I go where they send me !!!

5 hours ago, MCW Metrobus said:

It's funny, I was thinking earlier about whether they'd have drivers who know the buses, or drivers who know the routes. Guess that answers my question! I assume it's easier to learn an unfamiliar route on the fly than how to use an unfamiliar bus...

53 minutes ago, ThatBusGuy said:

It's funny, I was thinking earlier about whether they'd have drivers who know the buses, or drivers who know the routes. Guess that answers my question! I assume it's easier to learn an unfamiliar route on the fly than how to use an unfamiliar bus...

Its proportionally worse to have drivers who don't know the routes, heck all yards have Xcelsiors (for now at least) and right off the bat drivers should know how to (at least) pre-trip Novas and LFRs. That being said, I don't know if they go over each sub-brand of fleet during training.

2 hours ago, Express691 said:

Its proportionally worse to have drivers who don't know the routes, heck all yards have Xcelsiors (for now at least) and right off the bat drivers should know how to (at least) pre-trip Novas and LFRs. That being said, I don't know if they go over each sub-brand of fleet during training.

Fair enough. I know nothing about driving buses. Wasn't sure if something like a XN40 would be different enough that a driver who was used to Novas and 60'ers would have trouble with it at first. But I agree that drivers who don't know the route is also frustrating

Probably the first one here to have rode a CNG bus on a north van route :)
DSC_9850.thumb.jpg.3605b5e375be75af7ff147977a39f308.jpg

On 8/4/2017 at 10:36 AM, MCW Metrobus said:

This driver almost missed the left onto Howe street! I made the call at the last second xD (Although small, luckily nobody needed stops until Burrard.)

• Like 1

Was taking the last 555 from Carvolth and the website said no bused but 9418 pulled in and did the route.  Said he was packed on the way to Carvolth and said he was pulled for ot at Lougheed as both 555 buses had broken down prior (9203 and 9211 I think).  As we got to Lougheed the last run was done by a replacement from ptc.  For the 2244 tho may be first time ever Hamilton did a run on it.  Had to tell op where to go.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Express691 said:

Probably the first one here to have rode a CNG bus on a north van route :)

DSC_9850.thumb.jpg.3605b5e375be75af7ff147977a39f308.jpg

This driver almost missed the left onto Howe street! I made the call at the last second xD (Although small, luckily nobody needed stops until Burrard.)

I beat ya by a couple decades lol. But that is neat to see!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

45 minutes ago, Express691 said:

My memory's not clicking - mind explaining? I'm just curious

Meanwhile, at Bridgeport that night,

DSC_9881.thumb.jpg.c100b271aa394354858ec46afc11aecf.jpg

407s with D60LFs are sort of common. They happen every once in a while, and I've seen quite a few before.

15 hours ago, Express691 said:

My memory's not clicking - mind explaining? 

There was C40 assigned to North Van routes (from PTC) for a week or two basically as soon as those buses came online. Then there was also the "testing the power of the future fleet" which did North Shore routes too. 

Dont get me wrong that's awesome that XN40 went over and in many ways it actually is a first! 

On 07/08/2017 at 0:41 PM, Dane said:

There was C40 assigned to North Van routes (from PTC) for a week or two basically as soon as those buses came online. Then there was also the "testing the power of the future fleet" which did North Shore routes too. 

Dont get me wrong that's awesome that XN40 went over and in many ways it actually is a first! 

Dang, didnt know that was a thing (I was too busy playing pokemon at that time)

Anyways, I consider this special because I see skytrains 5-6 days a week: 

6 car mark 1 made up entirely of ad-wrapped 500-600 series cars spotted on Expo Line today

7 hours ago, Express691 said:

Dang, didnt know that was a thing (I was too busy playing pokemon at that time)

Anyways, I consider this special because I see skytrains 5-6 days a week: 

6 car mark 1 made up entirely of ad-wrapped 500-600 series cars spotted on Expo Line today

I believe they're numbered 134-133-131-132-128-127 if I recall. Saw the set stored at Stadium yesterday.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GORDOOM said:

OK, I guess I was wrong. I figured this wouldn't start happening until September sheet. :lol:

Though it occurs to me... is this a scheduled run, or line training?

I'm surprised they are running out of VTC in service, figured they would have had them at HTC and send some hybrids back at least I had hoped lol.

It's a full day run on the 41 https://tcomm.bustrainferry.com/mobile/bus?busId=7191. The other D40LFs running out of VTC in service are booked out on actual blocks.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Brando737 said:

I'm surprised they are running out of VTC in service, figured they would have had them at HTC and send some hybrids back at least I had hoped lol.

It's a full day run on the 41 https://tcomm.bustrainferry.com/mobile/bus?busId=7191. The other D40LFs running out of VTC in service are booked out on actual blocks.

Yep, they're starting service today. I saw 2 D40LFs and a C40LF on the 84 aswell 

• Like 1