Vancouver Special Sightings

Enviro 500

The "scheduled" Orion run is more like 3-3:30pm Monday-Friday and it goes only from Cambie and Jacombs to Brighouse Station and bypasses the #3 Road portion.  The block schedule is here.  I checked the history on T-Comm and that's the only 407 run that has Orions tracked for the past while (excluding any specials that don't show up).

If you saw it Friday evenings it may have been night market shuttles?  I've seen those in the past (albeit not Orions) but not sure about the details this year.

39 minutes ago, Blue Bus Fan said:

Saw 2204 on the 9 doing a U-turn at Hemlock Street due police blocking Broadway.

99s were rerouted three different ways tonight:

First via Oak, 16th, Burrard (stupidly out of the way).

Second via Hemlock, 10th, Fir.

Above, 10th turned out to be too narrow for 2 99's to fit side by side, so the WB 99's were again rerouted via Fir, 12th, Hemlock.

All in all very confusing for passengers. Can't be helped I guess!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ricky0119 said:

Saw H16030 display 100 MARINE DR STN this morning.

Thats on the alerts page:

3 hours ago, Ricky0119 said:

Effective Saturday June 17, 6:45am to 7pm.

Due to construction on Marine Drive east of Cambie, all 3 westbound lanes will be closed and moved to one eastbound lane. The following detours will apply:

A shuttle coach will operate between Marpole Loop and Marine Dr Stn in both directions

15 Olympic Village From Marine Stn via Yukon, Marine, Cambie then regular route

100 Marpole Loop From Marine Stn via Yukon, Marine then regular route to Marpole Loop and terminate at Bay 5.

4 minutes ago, owo transit fan said:

Spotted 12008 depart Joyce Station Bay 5 as a 19 Metrotown Station with people on board. It didn't say anything about it on Tcomm and I'm so confused.

Bay 5 doesn't exist. Bay 5A?

Also 19 doesn't stop at Joyce Stn.

25 minutes ago, buizel10 said:

Bay 5 doesn't exist. Bay 5A?

Also 19 doesn't stop at Joyce Stn.

Bay 5 does exist. On-street stop for the 43 UBC. https://nb.translink.ca/Text/Stop/61485

At the time of this posting, looking at TL's NextBus map, the next 19 to service the stop at EB Kingsway FS Joyce St is another ~30 minutes away. 19's are also running from 10-45 minutes late according to T-Comm, therefore it would make sense to see an artic running a 19 to alleviate pressure on the 19's running behind.

Saw 9709 signed as "130 To Pender" instead of To Hastings. New sign code or just an old unused one?

EDIT: Upon further research now that I'm at home, it appears the 130 short turns at Hastings are now signed "To Pender" instead of "To Hastings" for some unknown reason.

29 minutes ago, Stormscape said:

Saw 9709 signed as "130 To Pender" instead of To Hastings. New sign code or just an old unused one?

EDIT: Upon further research now that I'm at home, it appears the 130 short turns at Hastings are now signed "To Pender" instead of "To Hastings" for some unknown reason.

Likely customer complaints: the construction doesnt start until past Gilmore going NB.

• Like 1

On 2017-06-26 at 2:46 PM, Stormscape said:

Probably because some people might have been complaining that the "To Hastings" trips didn't actually go up to Hastings itself but rather turns left at Pender.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, buizel10 said:

S531 has a broken destination sign. The front won't display anything and the back will flash C94 or whatever the route is every 5 seconds.

6 minutes ago, buizel10 said:

But where should I put this

In the general sightings thread.

V12011 was at Marine Drive Station on July 5th

H3298 may have broken front doors, was parked at Metrotown station for about an hour on the 5th

H9425 has reflective front fleet numbers. 'H' is solid black, but '9425' is some sort of reflective material

4 minutes ago, Translink69 said:

H3298 may have broken front doors, was parked at Metrotown station for about an hour on the 5th

H9425 has reflective front fleet numbers. 'H' is solid black, but '9425' is some sort of reflective material

I'm sorry but is there anyway you could elaborate on how this would be consider " special sighting ". 

6 minutes ago, Translink69 said:

12011) how did you know that? Just curious

3298) Last time I saw, 3298 is dead

9425) okay...