Vancouver Special Sightings

Enviro 500

8 hours ago, transitkid said:

Are they using the 2002 Mark 2s on m line still during the track maintenance?

Yes, nothing effect the Millennium line except trains made up of 2 or 4 cars passing by a station between Lougheed Town Station and VCC Clark Station every three minutes instead of six minutes excluding the Lougheed Town Centre and Production Way.

7 hours ago, Brando737 said:

I think that's from Victoria.  It's a day trip they do once in a while for shopping to IKEA.

Is it a scheduled trip?

7 hours ago, Blue Bus Fan said:

Is it a scheduled trip?

I'm sure it is to some extent.  I haven't found anything on the Victoria transit site about it so it could be just locally advertised.  But it could also be a chartered trip by a group, either BC Transit is cheap to charter or they provide the bus to said group.

4 hours ago, Marlow1331 said:

I wish our novas had roof fairings like that.... :( *facepalm*

I was simply quoting a few words once said by a wise fellow, previously on the board, however, jokes aside, I will say, visually, they do look a little nicer with these options compared to the rest of the *eek* novas ordered by various transit agencies across North America.... 

10 hours ago, Meraki said:

Xcelsiors can have roof fairings as well, just don't get too militant about it. :P

Yes they do. Let me get my facts right: by default, non-diesel Xcelsiors have the fairing for ascetic reasons, to conceal the roof-mounted equipment such as batteries or storage tanks. But the diesel Xcelsiors have that option as well.

12 minutes ago, Transit geek said:

Yes they do. Let me get my facts right: by default, non-diesel Xcelsiors have the fairing for ascetic reasons, to conceal the roof-mounted equipment such as batteries or storage tanks. But the diesel Xcelsiors have that option as well.

It is unclear whether the roof-fairings on diesel Xcelsiors is standard or an option.

As in, do you have to ask (and pay) to have them? Or are agencies specifically asking to have coaches without them?

8 hours ago, Transit geek said:

*aesthetic reasons. Ascetic = "Characterized by severe self-discipline and abstention from all forms of indulgence, typically for religious reasons." (Oxford English Dictionary) Ascetics would probably disdain the relative luxury of roof fairings. ;D

That said, I support roof fairings, even on straight diesels like the XD40. 

saw 8063 leave on me on the 480 from Bridgeport (thanks to a woman who barged her way onto my skytrain without letting me off). Ended up tcomming it and upon tracking it, it made its way onto Sea Island and the Arthur Laing bridge down by at least a couple dozen minutes.

So I missed a chance to ride an artic on Sea Island. FML

Just saw 2210 pull into Dunbar loop from 41st ave eastbound, signed up as a 41 to Crown, snapped a quick photo from my 49.

I also noted one of those trolley wire work trucks on 41st at crown, the crews were working on something up there.

It's possible they had 2210 running around the loop to test it or something, its not on tcomm - It would be cool if it did a real 41 trip though on its way over. It had a real destination signed up after all...

Aside from the late night 19 runs that run to oak and 41st, I havent heard of any real 41st ave trolleybus service in a while.

...well it seems the board gives me an error while processing my image so have a link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9S-BvAKU8A6NkpsZDV1WkREQUU/view?usp=drivesdk

16 minutes ago, jmward said:

Just saw 2210 pull into Dunbar loop from 41st ave eastbound, signed up as a 41 to Crown, snapped a quick photo from my 49.

I also noted one of those trolley wire work trucks on 41st at crown, the crews were working on something up there.

It's possible they had 2210 running around the loop to test it or something, its not on tcomm - It would be cool if it did a real 41 trip though on its way over. It had a real destination signed up after all...

Aside from the late night 19 runs that run to oak and 41st, I havent heard of any real 41st ave trolleybus service in a while.

...well it seems the board gives me an error while processing my image so have a link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9S-BvAKU8A6NkpsZDV1WkREQUU/view?usp=drivesdk

Not sure what's up there, because that bus is facing the wrong way in a one-way bus loop. Besides the fact that the wires don't let you turn into the loop that way, looks kinda dangerous!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Large Cat said:

Not sure what's up there, because that bus is facing the wrong way in a one-way bus loop. Besides the fact that the wires don't let you turn into the loop that way, looks kinda dangerous!

Could be training. Lots of training classes happening....

8 hours ago, jmward said:

Sorry... I meant to quote this. Could be training...