Vancouver Special Sightings

Enviro 500

The 152 had quite the fleet a few weeks ago. Wasn't able to catch the fleet #'s.

My mom had a D60LF on an evening route. (No clue how it turned onto guilby,  40' footers have trouble with that turn off of Austin.

Next morning when I was walking to school, I saw a 2007 Nova, but it may have been NIS,  as I saw it from a few blocks away. 

That day walking home from school I saw an Orion pull up to Coquitlam Rec Centre, running the 152.

Also saw an Orion on the 159 pull into Braid Stn around 4 pm back in January

44 minutes ago, Dennis said:

2530 on the #17 right now.

I believe this is special but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Nice spotting - definitely not a typical thing...

Looks like it was on the 3 until about 6:55pm, so my guess is that whatever bus was doing the 17 block broke down and had to be replaced with whatever was available at the time

Edit: Yup, here it is... 2254 last seen at 6:51 on that same block: https://tcomm.bustrainferry.com/mobile/bus?busId=2254. Interestingly, 2111 also finished a block on the 17 at Marine Dr Stn at the same time as 2530, so I wonder why they switched it with an artic when they had a 40'er that was already doing that route anyways

35 minutes ago, MCW Metrobus said:

I think this happened once before, a couple of years ago, and as I recall it was the same situation.

Long long time ago when I hadn't left VTC yet, 2009, there was a 17 run in front of mine on Friday nights that would frequently get booked out as an artic.  

• 2 weeks later...

Spotted S7451 pulling into Lougheed at about 0700 coming off the 555.  It wasn't logged into tcomm for a shift today so I'm going to assume it was a standby from STC that was asked to cover a run that poco couldn't fill or a breakdown needing to be covered.

1 minute ago, Translink69 said:

Rode S7468 on the 96 from Guildford to Surrey Central on Thursday at about 7:25. Not sure if this would count as special though, could someone let me know whether it is or not? 

Also saw a D40LF on the C9 leaving Lougheed today around 6.

40 footers aren't unusual on the 96.  A D40LF on the C9 is very odd though, are you sure it didn't just drop off and/or have a short layover in that bay?

I was coming in on the train from Braid, and looked down between the tracks and saw it parked on the side while trying to see if my 152 was in its bay (which it was) and when I got on the 152, it was turning right onto North Road. When the 152 was turning left onto North Road, I looked to try and see it and it was in the right lane waiting for the light to continue down North Road toward Columbia. Since it had a shitty old Flipdot sign, I couldn't tell if it was NIS or C9. I just assumed it was, but yes, it may have been going back to HTC.

12 minutes ago, Translink69 said:

I was coming in on the train from Braid, and looked down between the tracks and saw it parked on the side while trying to see if my 152 was in its bay (which it was) and when I got on the 152, it was turning right onto North Road. When the 152 was turning left onto North Road, I looked to try and see it and it was in the right lane waiting for the light to continue down North Road toward Columbia. Since it had a shitty old Flipdot sign, I couldn't tell if it was NIS or C9. I just assumed it was, but yes, it may have been going back to HTC.

That would have certainly been a 101, 110 or 136 heading back to HTC from Lougheed.