Omnitrans

jfs1988

Omnitrans provides bus service to southwest San Bernardino County in Southern California.

What will be the future of the Omnitrans bus fleet? With the introduction of the C40LFR in 2009, Omnitrans is now a 100% low floor and enviorment friendly bus fleet. The first generation of CNG buses were retired (Orion V & Neoplan), as well as the TMC RTS buses. Omnitrans also tested 3 GE40LF (1st generation) buses. One of them is still being used, but makes very rare appearances. A Thomas SLF & a C40LF were sold at auction earlier this year. After having a guest New Flyer BRT in their yard, they made their decision of going with New Flyer for their future BRT route.

Their neighboor to the south, Riverside Transit Agency has mainly NABI and a few C40LF (rumors say that the New Flyer have been retired). Their neighbor to the west Foothill Transit wont even touch New Flyer.

• 5 months later...

0038.jpg

Omnitrans #0038

This bus belongs to fleet group 0001-0010, (#0011 retired and sold at auction) 0012-0044, 0101-0127. These are 2000 models and are the first low floor buses that Omnitrans purchased.

These buses have a Cummins C8.3G engine and Allison B400R transmission.

• 7 months later...
  • Board Admin

August 17, 2012

Industry News

Omnitrans unveils new buses, brand

M-Omnitrans-2012-rebranding-New-Flyer-3.jpgSan Bernardino, Calif.-based Omnitrans unveiled its new logo, slogan and fleet graphics at the transit agency’s main transfer center downtown.

“The colors symbolize our green earth and blue sky, reflecting Omnitrans’ commitment to the environment, and air quality in particular, with our 100 percent natural gas-powered fleet,” explained CEO/GM Milo Victoria. “But my favorite part of Omnitrans’ new look is our tagline: ‘Connecting our Community.’ This is our purpose: to connect all members of the community — from students, to mothers, to commuters, to persons with disabilities and senior citizens — with the places they need to go to live their lives as they choose.”

Two New Flyer Xcelsior 2012 40-foot transit buses on display were decked out with a bold new fleet design in bright green and blue. Twenty of the new buses will be deployed in coming weeks to replace retiring models. The remaining 144 buses in the Omnitrans fleet will get a simplified color refresh.

The new buses also feature three-capacity bike racks, an upgrade from the two-capacity racks on the existing fleet. Omnitrans transports over 300,000 bikes each year. To spotlight the new racks, Omnitrans held a “Rack and Roll” contest at the event. Contestants were timed loading a bike on to the rack.

Copyright © 2012 Metro Magazine. All Rights Reserved.

Source: http://www.metro-magazine.com/News/Story/2012/08/Omnitrans-unveils-new-buses-brand.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the 40ft Xcelsiors are inside the bus yard where the on service buses are at. I will see if I could get a photo before they move them. They are parked at the fence. They still havent painted them.

Wait, I thought some XN40's already started service...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jfs1988/8041542264/in/photostream

One of the artculated NFI Xcelsiors is already in the Omnitrans bus yard in San Bernardino. The other 2 Xcelsior 40ft also got painted already. Not everyone has a smartphone, so its not the best quality, plus the sun messed it up a bit.

This also has got me thinking, where are the articulated buses going to be stored? unless the SBX will be contract like their Omnilink, Access, & OmniGO service. First Transit has the cutaways.

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

One of the artculated NFI Xcelsiors is already in the Omnitrans bus yard in San Bernardino. The other 2 Xcelsior 40ft also got painted already. Not everyone has a smartphone, so its not the best quality, plus the sun messed it up a bit.

This also has got me thinking, where are the articulated buses going to be stored? unless the SBX will be contract like their Omnilink, Access, & OmniGO service. First Transit has the cutaways.

First page gives some insight.

http://www.omnitrans.org/news-events/pdf/Connections-Jan12.pdf

• 4 months later...
It was going too fast so I couldn't get a pic, but I saw a C40LFR in the new Omnitrans Livery on line 14 at Riverside Ave and Foothill in Rialto.

Eventually all the LFR's will be painted in the new scheme, while the LF's will recieve a simpler paint scheme which is identical to the old one.

Pictures for perspective.

8497637661_5b08104000_z.jpg

DSC_0406 by Omnitrans, on Flickr

8498739740_1abd11f2e0_z.jpg

DSC_0441 by Omnitrans, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...

Fellow forum mates, I am featured on the Omnitrans Sbx facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/omnitrans.sbx

I'm the African American in red shirt/brown pants of the Civil Engineering Tour group pictures.(I'm a civil engineering student at Cal Poly Pomona)

Not only got a tour of the facility, but a first hand tour of the entire SbX Corridor, while riding the new XN60's!!!

Fellow forum mates, I am featured on the Omnitrans Sbx facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/omnitrans.sbx

I'm the African American in red shirt/brown pants of the Civil Engineering Tour group pictures.(I'm a civil engineering student at Cal Poly Pomona)

Not only got a tour of the facility, but a first hand tour of the entire SbX Corridor, while riding the new XN60's!!!

Very nice, how was the ride in the XN60?

Very nice, how was the ride in the XN60?

The suspension is excellent, VERY smooth ride, and it took the bumps like champ. With the corridor getting resurfaced for the new SbX, the ride should be as a smooth as a car(if not smoother) from the VA in Loma Linda to Cal State San Bernardino.

Overall an excellent bus. New Flyer really out did themselves with this bus.