Globe Treks - North Carolina

BCT-3122-D800-10240

You sure that's a T2140?? I would say it's a T840... but you said it was a 1997 so were you able to have a look at the builder's plate?

I am not sure on the model. I looked up a bunch of VH coaches on Flickr to see if I could find coaches that matched it, but I was rather rushed and probably didn't pay enough attention... I shall look into it further and check the Wiki. No I didn't see the builders plate, but the driver of the coach informed us that it was a 1997 coach. Wether that is true or not, it's hard to say. He may not actually know the true age of the coach after all.

I don't think I have ever photographed a coach from Globe Treks before. Caught this image of their 1997 Van Hool T2140 #106 in Banff this past weekend on the 9th of July. Nice paint scheme and such.

I believe this is the same bus that I saw at Lake Louise in June of 2009. The photo is attached.

As for model, my guess would be T900. The T800 series always had the black grill at the front and when Vanhool introduced the T900 model, they started to paint it the color of the bus. In this case, it is blue.

Globe_Trecs___Lake_Louise___16JUN09.jpg

I believe this is the same bus that I saw at Lake Louise in June of 2009. The photo is attached.

As for model, my guess would be T900. The T800 series always had the black grill at the front and when Vanhool introduced the T900 model, they started to paint it the color of the bus. In this case, it is blue.

Hmm.. Interesting. I guess I don't know my Van Hools like I do my GM's and MCI's. Also, what number is on that coach in your photo Kevin? Or do you have a rear shot showing the plate at all?

Also, what number is on that coach in your photo Kevin? Or do you have a rear shot showing the plate at all?[/b][/font][/color]

Sorry, no rear shot. The bus did not have a fleet number. In talking with the driver/owner he said it was the only bus that he had. It could have been the same bus and maybe they have an annual western Canadian trip because both you and I saw it at about the same time of year.

Sorry, no rear shot. The bus did not have a fleet number. In talking with the driver/owner he said it was the only bus that he had. It could have been the same bus and maybe they have an annual western Canadian trip because both you and I saw it at about the same time of year.

Hmm.. Something related to the Calgary Stampede I am thinkin. The one I got is numbered 106.