BCT-3122-D800-10240

Meeting up - Calgary fans and others

1 hour ago, Nick B said:

Hey all! 

There's been a lot of turnover of members in this section in the last several years and there's a lot of people many of us haven't met yet. How much interest would there be in some kind of get together in most likely the first week of October or so? 

I'd be down!

I haven't seen anybody since 2015 MTHA, but definitely willing to visit everyone if theres a meet.

Excellent. For now we will plan for between the 3rd and 6th of October in the evening, at Westbrook Boston Pizza. I'll finalize the date and time when I get my work schedule on the 24th. Feel free to message me which days work for you so I can accommodate as many as possible.

• Like 3

Me and a few select members agreed on Saturday, October 5 at 6:00 PM, so let's set that in stone assuming that works for everyone. I'll book a reservation at the Boston Pizza right next to Westbrook station for myself and the 9 people that have indicated interest. If any more want to come who haven't yet said so, let me know by Friday so I can get the large reservation in a week in advance. 

4 hours ago, Nick B said:

Me and a few select members agreed on Saturday, October 5 at 6:00 PM, so let's set that in stone assuming that works for everyone. I'll book a reservation at the Boston Pizza right next to Westbrook station for myself and the 9 people that have indicated interest. If any more want to come who haven't yet said so, let me know by Friday so I can get the large reservation in a week in advance. 

Unfortunately that might not work out for myself, given that's the day I had plans for between some coworkers for myself. I'm not sure if people are willing to change it to some other time around those days, if possible.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Nick B said:

Sounds good.  I should be able to come.

6 hours ago, Nick B said:

Put me down, but I'll let you know if I can't make it

6 hours ago, Nick B said:

The table has been booked at BP for 12 people.

My welding apprenticeship through the Union never went through and didn't end up in Fort Mac, like I wanted to for work...

It opens up my 100% attendance for BP next Saturday, though! Just won't be able to have anything beyond water and bread, until I can find a place hiring welders, forklift operators or otherwise in this city :/

Any chance Calgary Transit needs welders? I'd go for drivers, but never got to complete my GDL yet. Sadly.

There's a few spots open if anyone wants to show up at the last minute. Otherwise we'll see everyone at Westbrook BP at 18:00 tomorrow!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, TechSpotlight said:

Very nice meeting all these new faces today.  Thanks for a great time!

Meetups are always fun. I've always enjoyed the ones that I have ever attended. Always a bonus to be able to put a face to the name.

• Like 2

I wasn't able to make it out last night unfortunately. But it sounds like those that went had a great time.

I'll try to make it to the next one if possible (as long as it's not another 6+ years from now when we have decide to have another meetup 😂).

• Like 1

On 10/6/2019 at 10:27 PM, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

I thought I was going to finally meet you last night!!!

Unfortunately something came up last minute! Maybe the next meetup as long as it's not 6+ years from now as Transit Fan said!

We’ll have another one sometime in December or January for all those who couldn’t make it to last weekend.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2019 at 10:08 PM, Nick B said:

We’ll have another one sometime in December or January for all those who couldn’t make it to last weekend.

I expect to be in Calgary at Christmas, and would be interested if it's in the week between.