Enzo Aquarius

GO Transit D4500 Retirements

1st shot, Jane south of Rutherford?

Where did they tow it from, Newmarket?

Yes, I was at the Petro Canada station there.

I followed it from when I got on Highway 400 at King Rd, it had just passed as I was on the on-ramp.

What is the point of retiring them at such a young age?

12 year retirement schedule, with funding allocated for replacements.

It does seem a bit of a waste since GO tends to take care of their buses and those were refurbished in late 2008. I rode on 2109 last week and it was in great shape externally and internally.

12 year retirement schedule, with funding allocated for replacements.

It does seem a bit of a waste since GO tends to take care of their buses and those were refurbished in late 2008. I rode on 2109 last week and it was in great shape externally and internally.

More like 10 year replacement.

GO is usually known for neglect maintenance, which is why most of the 14XX series when selling off, most of them are pretty much worn out!

I think it all depends on the mileage, when the Prevost was selling off, most of the Series 60 have their mileage close to the end, it needs an engine replacement!

GO is usually known for neglect maintenance, which is why most of the 14XX series when selling off, most of them are pretty much worn out!

I think it all depends on the mileage, when the Prevost was selling off, most of the Series 60 have their mileage close to the end, it needs an engine replacement!

Not to mention the 1400s were close to 20 years old at this point(1st batch biult in dec'86/early '87). The Orion Vs were the 1st buses to be retired under GO's new retirement policy. (The ex Texas and California buses were of 1990 and '93 vintage respectivly.

It has nothing to do with neglect - GO's maintenance regimen is pretty ridiculous.

Rather, they are getting so much money in capital funding that they can easily afford to replace vehicles after 10 years. And so if they are getting the cash, why bother keeping around old, tired vehicles - or in this case, vehicles that still have lots of life in them but are getting close to needing a major refurbishment and replacement of expensive parts?

Dan

Not to mention the 1400s were close to 20 years old at this point(1st batch biult in dec'86/early '87). The Orion Vs were the 1st buses to be retired under GO's new retirement policy. (The ex Texas and California buses were of 1990 and '93 vintage respectivly.

I don't know about the 1400's, they seemed in decent shape for their age.

Now the early 1500's, those were giant piles. Sluggish, and the interior was falling apart.

Rode 2110 on Monday on 21B to Union and was a good ride although tips a bit more than newer buses on long curved highway ramps (427 to Gardiner)

Interesting what I saw last night.

Ayr coach 302 was running a Flamborough service last night in Downtown Hamilton, dropping off people! Indeed it was an ex-GO because no other transit have Luminator Horizon sign and proper function dest. sign! Bike rack has been removed. Although I can see why Ayr wrapped their buses with their own livery to cover the ex-GO livery, looks awful with all the lack of smooth body!

2107-10 and 2112 are now off the road! Presto machine have been removed. 2113 is somewhere but pulled off the road too.

Farewell 2001 model, they were the first batches that GO ordered a 45ft.

Part of 2002 model will be pulling off the road as well, if not sooner already.

Saw what appeared to be 2109 being driven westbound along Teston Road this morning.

Most likely going to auction.

The latest batch of retirees is now sitting at the back of Newmarket garage.

They have space to park, there are bunch of other company vehicles are there too!

I thought I saw some company vehicles there too a few weeks ago, thanks for confirming!

Wow, they even go through the company vehicles fast too.

I thought I saw some company vehicles there too a few weeks ago, thanks for confirming!

Wow, they even go through the company vehicles fast too.

Company vehicles don't last very long typically; GO has been replacing mostly 2004 vehicles this year (so 8 years maximum), depending on the type of vehicle; more heavy-duty vehicles, like the box trucks, tend to last longer.

I'm curious... are the retired units at Newmarket the ones previously retired this year (2107-2113) or new retirements (2114 and up)?

Company vehicles don't last very long typically; GO has been replacing mostly 2004 vehicles this year (so 8 years maximum), depending on the type of vehicle; more heavy-duty vehicles, like the box trucks, tend to last longer.

They probably purchase them with the intention to replace them after x amount of years, then sell them for salvage value once x amount of years pass, no matter how poor or good of a condition they're still in.

I've heard some may be leased as well...

They probably purchase them with the intention to replace them after x amount of years, then sell them for salvage value once x amount of years pass, no matter how poor or good of a condition they're still in.

I've heard some may be leased as well...

Lease sounds more reasonable, every month they pay the HST on the Lease payments and then a certain percentage is refunded to them every 3 months! lol Also the benefit of leasing is that they don't have to go through the trouble of selling it themselves, the dealer does it! lol

I'm curious... are the retired units at Newmarket the ones previously retired this year (2107-2113) or new retirements (2114 and up)?

Most likely the 2107-2113 buses. If any of the 2002s have been retired, they're probably sitting there too.

That confirms that the buses sitting on the east side of the garage are, indeed, retired and likely consist of buses in the 2114+ (unless they still have some of the previous retirees still on site, then a mix of both).

That confirms that the buses sitting on the east side of the garage are, indeed, retired and likely consist of buses in the 2114+ (unless they still have some of the previous retirees still on site, then a mix of both).

2123 is now the oldest and many more to come!

Checked back at Merx... MTB Truck & Bus Collision and TOKMAKJIAN INC have received the documents to bid.

MTB knows how to sell their 2nd hand well. Tokmakjian will most likely increasing their coach fleet for their commuter run!