Broward County Transit Bus Update

Academy bus has taken over operations of the tri-rail shuttle between the lauderdale airport tri-rail station and the airport terminals. They have sent some 2017 nova LFS 4th gens from the 2141-2150 series down from new york for it, as they are no longer being used on the NYU shuttles.

Here is a picture of one of the units from the tri rail website.

1818328582_Tri-Rail_Academy_Express_ShuttleBus_030121(1).thumb.jpg.5e04d3deb5195d894aa8912a3c8ce7f6.jpg

(yes this isnt directly related to BCT, but since these buses operate in broward county and connect with BCT, i decided to post it here)

• Thanks 1
On 4/23/2021 at 6:30 PM, alexb320 said:

BCT currently has 95 buses up for auction this weekend. 77 40ft buses and 19 cutaways. This officially finishes off the 2002/2003 Gilligs and all but a handful of the 2005-2008 Nabis.

https://www.proxibid.com/National-Auction-Company/Broward-County-Fleet-Services-Bus-Auction/event-catalog/199132

I did find out through the South Florida Transit facebook page, all 77 of the buses sold in the April auction were purchased by EG Used Truck Parts in Opa-Locka. This is a well known bus scrapper in South Florida. They scrap a lot of Miami-Dade Transit and local school buses.

Sad to see since I know some of those older Gilligs were still in running condition.

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...