GRT and Guelph Transit Connections

Transpo

In 2010, the City of Guelph released their final report on their transit growth strategy and plan:

http://www.guelph.ca/uploads/CDDS%20Engine...2025%202010.pdf

As part of this plan they plan to implement:

- Introduction of interregional bus service between Guelph and Kitchener-Waterloo (with appropriate fare coordination) using Guelph Transit and GRT services

- Introduction of interregional bus service to Cambridge (with appropriate fare coordination) using Guelph transit and GRT services

For anyone in the know, how far along are these plans? Have there been talks between the two regions? Can we expect this in the next few years?

For anyone in the know, how far along are these plans? Have there been talks between the two regions? Can we expect this in the next few years?

I don't believe that there has been much done on this direction, but I don't know if there have been any talks. The issue is something TriTAG may be taking up in the next while.

Can we expect this in the next few years?

"Can we expect this in the next few years?" ................... You're joking, right? This is GRT we're talking about here isn't it? So, based on that fact, the answer is probably "NO"

"Can we expect this in the next few years?" ................... You're joking, right? This is GRT we're talking about here isn't it? So, based on that fact, the answer is probably "NO"

I am not sure how exactly this would work, but it is my understanding that Guelph would not need GRT's permission to send their busses to Kitchener and Cambridge.

I am not sure how exactly this would work, but it is my understanding that Guelph would not need GRT's permission to send their busses to Kitchener and Cambridge.

I'd assume since it says using Guelph and GRT busses there would be some sort of agreement/co-fare for rides. It mentions discussions with Wellington county are recommended, and if GRT didn't want the service but Guelph was to start anyways, where exactly would major transfers agree if the terminal is owned by the city?

I'd assume since it says using Guelph and GRT busses there would be some sort of agreement/co-fare for rides. It mentions discussions with Wellington county are recommended, and if GRT didn't want the service but Guelph was to start anyways, where exactly would major transfers agree if the terminal is owned by the city?

How about bringing both services to Waterloo International Airport?

• 2 weeks later...

Taking into account that Greyhound and GO do not provide free transfers to GRT and Guelph Transit, and that both options are for longer trips and cost more than local routes, I don't think they're reasonable options. GRT and Guelph Transit should connect much like the GTA systems connect. Maybe a joint iXpress service from Kitchener to Guelph and Cambridge to Guelph.

Taking into account that Greyhound and GO do not provide free transfers to GRT and Guelph Transit, and that both options are for longer trips and cost more than local routes, I don't think they're reasonable options. GRT and Guelph Transit should connect much like the GTA systems connect. Maybe a joint iXpress service from Kitchener to Guelph and Cambridge to Guelph.

Most agencies offer co-fare with GO in the GTA. I have a strong doubt that GRT and Guelph would operate these routes with the regular fare thus the price would be more expensive than adult fare, but it would be a far cry from what some trips in Toronto cost. If this was to ever happen, be it with GRT, Guelph or GO, there would more than likely be some sort of fare agreement between 2 (or 3) agencies.

Most agencies offer co-fare with GO in the GTA. I have a strong doubt that GRT and Guelph would operate these routes with the regular fare thus the price would be more expensive than adult fare, but it would be a far cry from what some trips in Toronto cost. If this was to ever happen, be it with GRT, Guelph or GO, there would more than likely be some sort of fare agreement between 2 (or 3) agencies.

GRT does have a co-fare option with Coach Canada though.

Please explain, this is the first I have ever heard of this...

A Coach Canada ticket is good for a ride home from the Charles st. Terminal in one direction. This will not get you a transfer although due to the nature of our system I have issued them. This is not well known as it usually doesn't happen that often, but it is there.

A Coach Canada ticket is good for a ride home from the Charles st. Terminal in one direction. This will not get you a transfer although due to the nature of our system I have issued them. This is not well known as it usually doesn't happen that often, but it is there.

So essentially, the Coach Canada ticket can be used as a valid "Transfer" for one boarding at Charles Street Terminal ? what about from Ainslie Street ?

IE : Get off Coach Canada bus, walk to the route 7 stop and show the driver my coach canada ticket ?

For those who know me well, know for damn sure I am going to go out of my way to try this.

• 1 year later...