TransLink Future - Dream's and Aspirations

cleowin

6 hours ago, Dr. BusFreak said:

Actually, I just realized something about the double deckers. At SB Massey Exchange, buses have to go under steveston hwy., the clearance on that bridge is quite small, and I'm pretty sure double deckers can't go under that bridge. The only way I could see a double decker on the 601 or 351 is if they tear down Steveston hwy. bridge and build a new one that has a lot more clearance.

5 hours ago, Orcair said:

I mean the stop is in a bad spot anyway - I imagine they could mimic the NB route and put the station on the off-ramp or just wait until the new bridge is in place which replaces that exchange anyway with new stops. 

I believe that exchange will be completely rebuilt with the new bridge and it looks like the bus lanes and stops will be in the middle of the highway with pedestrian walkways to either side.  As a temporary fix, they could just lower the bus lane to fit the double deckers under the Steveston Hwy overpass.  Probably not to difficult to do.

1 hour ago, Brando737 said:

As a temporary fix, they could just lower the bus lane to fit the double deckers under the Steveston Hwy overpass.  Probably not to difficult to do.

So does that mean they will raise the George Massey Tunnel roof as a temporary fix so the double deckers can fit?

5 minutes ago, Dr. BusFreak said:

So does that mean they will raise the George Massey Tunnel roof as a temporary fix so the double deckers can fit?

Most likely no because the tunnel is being replace by 2022. Also CMBC would need to upgrade or build a transit centre to fit the double decker buses which will take a few years. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blue Bus Fan said:

Most likely no because the tunnel is being replace by 2022. Also CMBC would need to upgrade or build a transit centre to fit the double decker buses which will take a few years. 

It will probably be RTC fitted with upgrades to serve the double deckers.

4 hours ago, ThatBusGuy said:

That assumes we're getting double dockers... As far as I know that hasn't been any confirmation of that, but maybe I'm wrong.

I don't mean to imply that were getting double deckers as there have been no confirmation from TransLink. I am responding to Blue Bus Fan and he/she said that ''CMBC will need to upgrade or build a transit centre to fit the double decker buses.'' I in response said, ''It will probably be RTC fitted with upgrades to serve the double deckers.'' What I mean by saying that is that if TransLink were to get double decker buses, it would be RTC as it serves the 351, 601 once the George Massey Bridge is finished.

If they were to get double deckers, they can order the low height version, which is 4.17m high.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=enviro400+nwfb&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi1-ajQ_8HRAhUHzWMKHdB5BYkQ_AUIBygB&biw=360&bih=511#imgrc=AKSBpTMnp9sU_M%3A

Edit:

There is also a super-lo Enviro 500 available, which is 3.9m high

13 hours ago, Dr. BusFreak said:

40 minutes ago, neopasturquoise said:

If they were to get double deckers, they can order the low height version, which is 4.17m high.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=enviro400+nwfb&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi1-ajQ_8HRAhUHzWMKHdB5BYkQ_AUIBygB&biw=360&bih=511#imgrc=AKSBpTMnp9sU_M%3A

Edit:

There is also a super-lo Enviro 500 available, which is 3.9m high

Tunnel hight slipped my mind, which is 4.15 meter's.  The super-lo would just barely fit.

13 minutes ago, cleowin said:

Interesting, the diagram for the hybrid is a Nova LFS HEV with the charcol livery. 

I have say the Nova LFS don't look that bad in charcol livery. I think TransLink should consider putting the original charcol livery on buses that don't have dark grey paint around the windows.

I made another one! (list)

https://docs.zoho.com/file/169cg4c416a1b42ba4ae8986d61fba08b6899

EDIT: forgot that trolleys dont have engines. my mistake.

also some other stuff will now be included.

EDIT 2: Shuttles retired.

FOR BLUE BUS FAN: Full Refurb, also known as "rebuilt and returned to service" makes buses usable for a much longer time in the US and other countries. It involves adding a bunch of stuff not even need but extends the lifetime.

If anyone wants a custom made one for any transit system, I will make it for any specifications.

Why the heck does STC have 44 Orion V and RTC has 30? If anything, I think RTC will eventually own all the Orion V fleet, as there will be improvements for the 351 and 601.  RTC will need extra Orion V for the improvements, and RTC can't just dip into the XD40s and D40LFs because the extra buses that are available now, won't be available when the improvements kick in. As for what will happen for the 301, 503 and 555, I think the 301 and the 503 will eventually get the low floor buses, and the 555 will get the low floor highway suburbans.

Just so you know, the 2016 XD40 does not go up to 16150. It only goes up to 16140.

• Like 2

On 2017-01-20 at 2:46 PM, buizel10 said:

I made another one! (list)

https://docs.zoho.com/file/169cg4c416a1b42ba4ae8986d61fba08b6899

EDIT: forgot that trolleys dont have engines. my mistake.

also some other stuff will now be included.

A couple of things:

1. Why new engines for all buses? 
  2. Community Shuttle will probably just be retired without be refurbish.
  3. I like the idea of A/C on the Trolley buses during the mid-life refurbishment if we get can get another 10 years out of Trolley buses. 
  • Like 1

On 2017-01-20 at 2:46 PM, buizel10 said:

FOR BLUE BUS FAN: Full Refurb, also known as "rebuilt and returned to service" makes buses usable for a much longer time in the US and other countries. It involves adding a bunch of stuff not even need but extends the lifetime.

Thank you for answering my question.

Well, I just asked TransLink about what trains they're thinking of purchasing for the Canada Line as the 11 new Canada Line cars, and they told me it is Bombardier. I have absolutely no idea if it's going to be an Innovia or something else. All I know is they said it's most likely going to be Bombardier.

I don't think there's any outstanding options for Canada Line, though? Don't et me wrong I am sure those comments are probably correct but there's no way they can actually know what will be purchased yet. Hopefully someone really low in the hiarchal scale said that because it's those type of comments - when made by management - that cause procurement nightmares. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dane said:

I don't think there's any outstanding options for Canada Line, though? Don't et me wrong I am sure those comments are probably correct but there's no way they can actually know what will be purchased yet. Hopefully someone really low in the hiarchal scale said that because it's those type of comments - when made by management - that cause procurement nightmares.

Agreed.

But the person I was speaking to said he/she said they asked the TransLink Planning department and they said they're focusing on Bombardier.