TransLink Future - Dream's and Aspirations

cleowin

Hello, So once agian, im hoping to stimulate CPTDB And offer a thread dedicated to your "TransLink" dreams.

For Example, Bus Re-organization proposals - Who wants to have more New Flyer DE60LFR's or want a different type of bus.

Feel free to post your dreams and aspirations and get this forum rolling! It's been dead for a few months now!

Dreams that have a shot at becoming reality:

- Xcelsiors in West Vancouver

- Artics in North Van and Surrey.

Dreams that have little to no hope of happening:

- Return of 98 B-Line (or some modified form of it) to run along side of Canada Line.

- Suburban express route running to downtown.

- High floor buses...

Spent a good chunk of this "morning" chatting with Cleowin on MSN and we both came up with some CRAZY ideas :rage:

I'll warn you, the chances of these happening are slim to none :(

180 Royal Oak Station-UBC Super Express

180.jpg

423 Airport Shuttle (Covers most of the old 424, and the current C92)

423.jpg

237 Brentwood Station-Kootenay Loop-Horseshoe Bay (how long until a bus burns down going up the cut? :P)

237.jpg

and for George, the return of the 491!

491492496.jpg

Instead of feeding every route/passenger from West Richmond into the Richmond section of the Canada Line, I figured it'd be smart to run some peak hour buses into Templeton Station. Since the YVR section is generally pretty quiet.

Chris Cassidy

133 SFU/ROYAL OAK STN:

133.jpg - Map Courtesy of Chris Cassidy.

133 SFU Stops:

DEPART ROYAL OAK STN BAY 2

NB ROYAL OAK AT IMPERIAL

ROYAL OAK AT GRIMMER

ROYAL OAK AT KINGSWAY

ROYAL OAK AT SANDERS

ROYAL OAK AT OAKLAND

ROYAL OAK AT OAKMOUNT CRES

ROYAL OAK AT DEER LAKE PKY

ROYAL OAK AV AT GILPIN

ROYAL OAK AV AT EGLINTON

ROYAL OAK AV AT KINCAID ST

EB CANADA WAY AT DUNDONALD ST

EB SPROTT ST AT GODWIN AV

SPROTT ST AT NORLAND AV

SPROTT ST AT KENSINGTON AV

NB KENSINGTON AV AT JOE SAKIC WAY

SPERLING STN BAY 1

WB BROADWAY AT KENSINGTON AV

NB KENSINGTON AV AT DAWSON ST

KENSINGTON AV AT PARKCREST DR

KENSINGTON AV AT HALIFAX ST

KENSINGTON AV AT WINCH ST

KENSINGTON AV AT KITCHENER ST

KENSINGTON AV AT AUBREY ST

EB CURTIS ST AT KENSINGTON AV

CURTIS ST AT SPERLING

CURTIS ST AT CLIFF

CURTIS ST AT SHERLOCK

NB DUTHIE AV AT CURTIS ST

DUTHIE AV AT UNION ST

EB HASTINGS ST AT DUTHIE AVE

EB BURNABY MTN PKY AT BURNWOOD DR

BURNABY MTN PKY AT CURTIS ST

SFU TRANSPORTATION CENTRE BAY 3

SFU TRANSIT EXCHANGE BAY 3

133 ROYAL OAK STN Stops:

DEPART SFU TRANSIT EXCHANGE BAY 1

SB TOWER RD AT UNIVERSITY HIGH ST

WB CAMPUS RD AT SCIENCE RD

SFU TRANSPORTATION CENTRE BAY 1

WB UNIVERSITY DR AT W CAMPUS RD

WB BURNABY MTN PKY AT W CAMPUS RD

BURNABY MTN PKY AT CURTIS ST

BURNABY MTN PKY AT BURNWOOD DR

SB DUTHIE AV AT HASTINGS ST

DUTHIE AV AT UNION ST

WB CURTIS ST AT DUTHIE AV

CURTIS ST AT SHERLOCK AV

CURTIS ST AT CLIFF AV

CURTIS ST AT SPERLING AV

SB KENSINGTON AV AT CURTIS ST

KENSINGTON AV AT AUBREY ST

KENSINGTON AV AT KITCHENER ST

KENSINGTON AV AT WINCH ST

KENSINGTON AV AT HALIFAX ST

AT PARKCREST DR

AT DAWSON ST

SPERLING STN BAY 1

SB KENSINGTON AV AT JOE SAKIC WAY

WB SPROTT ST AT KENSINGTON AV

AT NORLAND AV

AT GODWIN AV

WB CANADA WAY AT DUNDONALD ST

SB ROYAL OAK AV AT KINCAID ST

AT SPRUCE ST

AT ENGLINTON ST

AT GILPIN ST

AT DEER LAKE PKY

AT BUXTON ST

AT OAKMOUNT CRES

AT DOVER ST

AT NEWTON ST

AT KINGSWAY

AT GRIMMER ST

AT IMPERIAL ST

ROYAL OAK STN BAY 2

Service Frequencies:

Monday - Friday: (Departing from Both Stations)

6 AM

6 30 AM

6 45 AM

7 AM

EVERY 15 MIN UNTIL

8 30 AM

8 45 AM

9 AM

9 30 AM

10 AM

10 30 AM

EVERY 30 MIN UNTIL

2 PM

2 30 PM

3 PM

3 15 PM

3 30 PM

EVERY 15 MIN UNTIL

6 00 PM

6 15 PM

6 30 PM

7 PM

7 30 PM

EVERY 30 MIN UNTIL

10 PM

11 PM

12 AM

SATURDAY:

7 AM

8 AM

9 AM

9 30 AM

10 AM

EVERY 30 MIN UNTIL

6 00 PM

6 30 PM

7 00 PM

7 30 PM

8 00 PM

EVERY 30 MIN UNTIL

9 30 PM

10 PM

11 PM

12 AM

SUNDAY:

8 AM

9 AM

10 AM

11 AM

EVERY 60 MIN UNTIL

7 PM

8 PM

9 PM

10 PM

11 PM

Speaking of routes, how about a 380 UBC/Scottsdale express? Make it basically the same as the old 311 from Scottsdale as far as Bridgeport Stn, then send it over the bridge and perhaps out Marine Drive to UBC. Would have been much more relevant pre-Canada Line though...

Studded tires on a portion of the shuttle fleet. When it snows, use them to run a shuttle service on the hill to SFU, with all conventional buses terminating at the bottom. Voila, no more people trapped on the mountain every time a flake of snow hits the ground.

Studded tires on a portion of the shuttle fleet. When it snows, use them to run a shuttle service on the hill to SFU, with all conventional buses terminating at the bottom. Voila, no more people trapped on the mountain every time a flake of snow hits the ground.

Good idea then again how long would it take to change tires?

423 Airport Shuttle (Covers most of the old 424, and the current C92)

423.jpg

I like that idea, but the only potential problem I could see cropping up is that Pacific Coastal already runs their own (free) shuttle from the main terminal to the south terminal. :( Perhaps if the "free fare zone" on the YVR section of the Canada Line were opened up to include the route 423, giving passengers a free ride from any part of the airport to another, it could be made quite attractive and Pacific Coastal could save a few bucks by not having to run their free shuttle anymore (since it doesn't make them any money anyway).

The south terminal closes at 6 pm most days, so perhaps the portion of the route that covers the C92 (i.e. the old 425!) could be curtailed either at the Flying Beaver or at BCIT after 6 pm depending on demand.

If you rerouted the bus to actually physically enter Templeton Station rather than just turn left from Templeton onto the North Service road, then it could serve another purpose - augment the transportation link between the employee lot and the terminal. Currently the employee shuttle buses only run while the Canada Line isn't running, so when the Canada Line is running on after hours schedule, the employees are shafted with service only once every 12 minutes, which SUCKS.

I'm not sure about that little deviation on Miller Road directly south of Sea Island Centre station, it looks like you're getting the bus to drive into Purolator/Fedex... :rage:

(I am actually from BC Transit country, so I could boast that I am unbiased... but I won't. LOL :(

If I were in charge of route planning for TransLink, then the following would most likely occur within the first few years of my reign.

1. Route 280: "Horseshoe Bay-Squamish" - Route via Hwy 99, calling at Sunset Beach, Strachan Creek, Lions Bay, Brunswick, Oliver's Landing, Britannia Beach, and Squamish.

2. Route 621: "Tsawwassen Ferry-Langley Centre Express" - Route via Hwy 10 from Ladner Exchange, with limited stops in Surrey and Cloverdale to Langley Centre.

3. Route 710: "Abbotsford-Surrey Central Station Express" - Route via Guildford Exchange to Hwy 1, then Route via South Fraser Way to Bourquin Exchange.

4. Route 711: "Haney Place-Mission Station" - self explanatory.

5. West Coast Express: Bi-directional rail service 7 days a week. Every 30 minutes during peak periods, and every 2 hours in the off-peak. Extension to Chilliwack imposed by 2014.

6. Skytrain Expo/Millennium Lines: Rebuild some stations to have through-tracks in the middle, introducing express service to Skytrain.

7. Canada Line: Leave as-is for time being.

8. Evergreen Line: (When built), trains will run beyond Lougheed Town Centre to VCC Clark, doubling the service along the Millennium Line.

New B-Line routes:

Once Expansion into Fraser Valley is complete:

801: "Abbotsford-Langley Centre" - Route via Fraser Hwy and Aldergrove, following both present-day ValleyMAX 21 and TransLink 502.

802: "Abbotsford-Tsawwassen Ferry Express" - Route via Fraser Hwy, calling at Aldergrove and Langley Centre, then Route via Hwy 10, running non-stop to Tsawwassen Ferry.

803: "Langley Centre-Chilliwack Express" - Route via Fraser Hwy to Abbotsford, then Route via Hwy 1 to Chilliwack.

805: "Coquitlam Station-Abbotsford Express" - Route via Lougheed Hwy, calling at Shaughnessy St, Pitt Meadows Station, then Route via Golden Ears bridge and Hwy 1 to Abbotsford Bourquin Exchange.

All present-day ValleyMAX and Chilliwack-Agassiz routes will be renumbered into the 8xx series.

I'll post more later.

(I am actually from BC Transit country, so I could boast that I am unbiased... but I won't. LOL :(

If I were in charge of route planning for TransLink, then the following would most likely occur within the first few years of my reign.

1. Route 280: "Horseshoe Bay-Squamish" - Route via Hwy 99, calling at Sunset Beach, Strachan Creek, Lions Bay, Brunswick, Oliver's Landing, Britannia Beach, and Squamish.

2. Route 621: "Tsawwassen Ferry-Langley Centre Express" - Route via Hwy 10 from Ladner Exchange, with limited stops in Surrey and Cloverdale to Langley Centre.

3. Route 710: "Abbotsford-Surrey Central Station Express" - Route via Guildford Exchange to Hwy 1, then Route via South Fraser Way to Bourquin Exchange.

4. Route 711: "Haney Place-Mission Station" - self explanatory.

5. West Coast Express: Bi-directional rail service 7 days a week. Every 30 minutes during peak periods, and every 2 hours in the off-peak. Extension to Chilliwack imposed by 2014.

6. Skytrain Expo/Millennium Lines: Rebuild some stations to have through-tracks in the middle, introducing express service to Skytrain.

7. Canada Line: Leave as-is for time being.

8. Evergreen Line: (When built), trains will run beyond Lougheed Town Centre to VCC Clark, doubling the service along the Millennium Line.

New B-Line routes:

Once Expansion into Fraser Valley is complete:

801: "Abbotsford-Langley Centre" - Route via Fraser Hwy and Aldergrove, following both present-day ValleyMAX 21 and TransLink 502.

802: "Abbotsford-Tsawwassen Ferry Express" - Route via Fraser Hwy, calling at Aldergrove and Langley Centre, then Route via Hwy 10, running non-stop to Tsawwassen Ferry.

803: "Langley Centre-Chilliwack Express" - Route via Fraser Hwy to Abbotsford, then Route via Hwy 1 to Chilliwack.

805: "Coquitlam Station-Abbotsford Express" - Route via Lougheed Hwy, calling at Shaughnessy St, Pitt Meadows Station, then Route via Golden Ears bridge and Hwy 1 to Abbotsford Bourquin Exchange.

All present-day ValleyMAX and Chilliwack-Agassiz routes will be renumbered into the 8xx series.

I'll post more later.

So essentially what your saying is TransLink would take over the Abbotsford/Chiliwack regions? Only way that'd make sense is if BC Transit gave up the region and FVRD joined Metro Vancouver.

My Proposal regarding this was:

Vancouver : Keep 0-100 Series

Burnaby: Keep 101-149 Series

Coquitlam/Port Coquitlam: Keep 150-199 Series

North Vancouver: Keep 200-249/260-299 Series

West Vancouver: Keep 250-259 Series

Surrey: Keep 300-399 Series

Richmond: Keep 400-420 Series

Maple Ridge: Give Maple Ridge 421-449 Series

Langley: Give Langley 450-499 Series

Abbotsford: Give Abbotsford 500-599 Series

Mission: Give Mission 600-649 Series

Chiliwack: Give Chiliwack 650-699 Series

Squamish/Whistler: Give 700-799 Series

Hope: Give Hope CXX Branding.

Good idea then again how long would it take to change tires?

Around an hour per vehicle. Less if the tires are already mounted on rims. TL has full time people who do nothing but tires, so it's not like this isn't already going on every day.

What I'm suggesting though, is that the tires be left on throughout the winter season. BCTransit had studded tires on their deckers, so we know this has been done before.

I'd like the route 491 resurrected.
Spent a good chunk of this "morning" chatting with Cleowin on MSN and we both came up with some CRAZY ideas :rage:

I'll warn you, the chances of these happening are slim to none :(

and for George, the return of the 491!

491492496.jpg

Instead of feeding every route/passenger from West Richmond into the Richmond section of the Canada Line, I figured it'd be smart to run some peak hour buses into Templeton Station. Since the YVR section is generally pretty quiet.

Chris Cassidy

An honourable idea, but the entire Canada Line is just a huge bottleneck. Plus, I can't give it the seal of approval because you forgot the 488 :P

I like that idea, but the only potential problem I could see cropping up is that Pacific Coastal already runs their own (free) shuttle from the main terminal to the south terminal. :P Perhaps if the "free fare zone" on the YVR section of the Canada Line were opened up to include the route 423, giving passengers a free ride from any part of the airport to another, it could be made quite attractive and Pacific Coastal could save a few bucks by not having to run their free shuttle anymore (since it doesn't make them any money anyway).

The south terminal closes at 6 pm most days, so perhaps the portion of the route that covers the C92 (i.e. the old 425!) could be curtailed either at the Flying Beaver or at BCIT after 6 pm depending on demand.

If you rerouted the bus to actually physically enter Templeton Station rather than just turn left from Templeton onto the North Service road, then it could serve another purpose - augment the transportation link between the employee lot and the terminal. Currently the employee shuttle buses only run while the Canada Line isn't running, so when the Canada Line is running on after hours schedule, the employees are shafted with service only once every 12 minutes, which SUCKS.

I'm not sure about that little deviation on Miller Road directly south of Sea Island Centre station, it looks like you're getting the bus to drive into Purolator/Fedex... :P

I think YVR also runs their own free South Terminal shuttle, although I don't know for sure :P

I'll edit up the map later tonight with the ideas :rage:

As for the deviation on Millard Road, it looked public from goggle maps, I'm assuming it isn't? :(

Alex, gimme a bit I got an idea that MAY satisfy you :P

Chris Cassiy

Hmm, I dont know, Then its no longer my thread and it becomes the "TransLink Concepts" thread. I mean not that I have problem with it, but I created this thread to start a conversation.

AS well, The other thread generated absolutely no conversation and this one did, plain and simple. The other one is about concepts (design changes, signage, general look and feel stuff) while this thread is targeted towards service, bus movement and route concepts.

My TransLink dream: Say it's all a big April Fools' Day joke (TransLink and CMBC were formed April 1st, 2000) and go back to BC Transit. :(

What if it is BC Transit, but the government just put a mask on it and gave it the name "TransLink" ? you never know.. seems like its just as much BC Transit as it is TransLink.

^I want more unity. I rather see BC transit swallow up TransLink and re-take the region again or see an entire Lower Mainland consisting from Pemberton > Hope under TransLink. either way, I would prefer a more united regional transit service.

The problem with a unified transit system from Pemberton to Hope is the fact that the two municipalities are over 6 hours away from each other. Think about it. I would think it would be too big and unwieldy, with people in Burnaby making decisions regarding transit that they don't know about. This is happening already. Classic example, which I will never let TransLink or anyone on here live down, the 480 Brighouse Station.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but from what I've noticed, BC Transit basically runs each municipality's transit system differently. There is no unified route numbering system, and I would assume BC Transit only provides the buses and lets each municipality, or at least lets each municipality have a major say in how their bus system should be run.

Also, BC Transit receives government subsidies, I believe, while TransLink is a privatised corporation.

I'm speculating here, so don't chew my head off if I'm wrong.

The problem with a unified transit system from Pemberton to Hope is the fact that the two municipalities are over 6 hours away from each other. Think about it. I would think it would be too big and unwieldy, with people in Burnaby making decisions regarding transit that they don't know about. This is happening already. Classic example, which I will never let TransLink or anyone on here live down, the 480 Brighouse Station.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but from what I've noticed, BC Transit basically runs each municipality's transit system differently. There is no unified route numbering system, and I would assume BC Transit only provides the buses and lets each municipality, or at least lets each municipality have a major say in how their bus system should be run.

Also, BC Transit receives government subsidies, I believe, while TransLink is a privatised corporation.

I'm speculating here, so don't chew my head off if I'm wrong.

TransLink could do something similar, instead of having CMBC operating the outer regions, it could be run by the local transit service currently in place, just with TransLink branding and with Translink route numbers. Basically, the municipality could do the route planning, while borrowing their busses/route numbers while TransLink continues to do mass Metro Vancouver route planning thats operated by CMBC.

Sorry for the extreme loooong post (took 2 hours to type >_<)

My proposal (try to have minimum changes):

001-079 Vancouver

080-089 UBC

090-099 Vancouver/UBC Express

100-109 New Westminster

110-119 Burnaby (South)

120-129 Burnaby (Central)

130-139 Burnaby (North)

140-149 Burnaby (Mountain)

150-159 Coquitlam (South)

160-169 Coquitlam (Central)

170-179 Coquitlam (West Wood Plateau)

180-189 Port Coquitlam/Burke Mtn

190-199 Burnaby/Coquitlam Express

200-209 North Shore Regional

210-219 North Van (Phibb/Deep Cove)

220-249 North Van (Central)

250-259 West Van

260-269 Bowen Island

270-289 Squamish

290-299 North Shore Express

300-309 SOF Regional

310-319 North Delta

320-329 Surrey (Central)

330-339 Surrey (Guildford/Fleetwood)

340-349 Surrey (Newton/Clovedale)

350-369 South Surrey/White Rock

370-389 Surrey (Port Kells/ALR area)

390-399 SOF Express

400-419 Richmond (Central)

420-429 Sea Island

430-439 Richmond Regional

440-459 Not used

460-469 Richmond/New West (Queensborough/Fraserwood)

470-489 Not used

490-499 Richmond Express

500-509 Langley/Abbotsford Regional

510-519 Langley (East/Aldergrove)

520-529 Langley (Central)

530-539 Langley (South/Brookswood)

540-549 Langley (Glen Valley)

550-589 Abbotsford

590-599 Langley/Abbotsford Express

600-619 South Delta

620-629 South Delta Regional (to Ferries)

630-639 Not used

640-649 South Delta (Tilbury)

650-689 Not used

690-699 South Delta Express

700-709 Maple Ridge/Mission Regioal

710-719 Pitt Meadows/Maple Ridge (Central)

720-729 Maple Ridge (East)

730-739 Pitt Meadows/Maple Ridge (Northh)

740-749 Not used

750-769 Mission

770-789 Not used

790-799 Maple Ridge/Mission Express

800-809 Chilliwack/Hope Regional

810-829 Chilliwack

830-839 Everywhere between Abbotsford and Chilliwack

840-849 Nicomen Island + everywhere between Mission and Kent

850-859 Kent/Harrison

860-869 Laidlaw/Cheam View

870-879 Flood/Hope/Othello/Fraser Canyon

880-889 Not used

890-899 Chilliwack/Hope Express

900-909 Pemberton Valley Regional

910-949 Whistler

950-959 Pemberton

960-989 Not used

990-999 Whistler/Pemberton Express

New/Modified Routes:

042: Restore number for C19

061: Renumber C21

063: Renumber C23

080: Renumber C20

082: Renumber C22

102: Restore number for C3

103: Restore number for C8

108: Restore number for C4

114: Restore number for C5

115: Restore number for C7

117: Renumber C6

137: Restore number for C2

139: Restore number for C1

148: Restore number for C24

161: Restore number for C36

164: Coquitlam Station/Meridian (Combine Coquitlam portion of C38 and C40)

165: Restore number for C30

170: Renumber C25

171: Renumber C26

173: Renumber C26 Special

174: Renumber C27

175: Renumber C28

176: Renumber C29

180: Coquitlam Station/Burke Mountain/Port Coquitlam Station via Coast Meridian

181: Coquitlam Station/Burke Mountain (Local) via Lincoln

182: Coquitlam Station/Burke Mountain (Local) via David

183: Renumber C38 Clockwise

184: Renumber C38 Counterclockwise

186: Renumber C37 Clockwise

187: Renumber C37 Counterclockwise

215: Restore number for C15

259: Merge with C12 to form a single route

260: Renumber C10

261: Renumber C11 (Eagle Cliff)

262: Renumber C11 (Endswell Farm)

270: Squamish/Horseshoe Bay

271: Renumber Squamish Route 1

272: Renumber Squamish Route 2

273: Renumber Squamish Route 3

291: Squamish/Vancouver Express

302: Bridgeport/Surrey Central

307: Coquitlam Station/Guildford

313: West Whalley/Surrey Central

317: Restore number for C71

318: Restore number for C76

322: Restore number for C75

328: Restore number for C73

336: Scottsdale/Fleetwood via 84th

337: Restore number for C74

342: Scottsdale/Newton via 68th

344: Scottsdale/Sunshine Hill (aka. the infamous C77)

346: Newton/Langley via Hwy 10

353: Restore number for C51

355: Restore number for C50

356: Restore number for C53

358: Restore number for C52

359: White Rock/Stayle

360: White Rock/South Surrey Loop

361: White Rock/Morgan Creek

362: White Rock/Peace Arch

368: Campbell Valley Flex Route (to White Rock)

381: Yorkson/Walnut Grove

382: Port Kells/Walnut Grove

385: Surrey Central/Walnut Grove via 96th/88th

396: White Rock/Vancouver (TrainBus)

397: Coquitlam Station/Guildford Express

413: Brighouse Station/22nd Street via Fraserwood (break off from 410)

414: Renumber C93

415: Renumber C94

416: Renumber C96

423: Renumber C90

425: Restore number for C92

461: Renumber C98

462: Renumber C99

503: Bridgeport/Langley

505: Haney Place/Langley (Local)

507: Restore number for C62

508: Langley/Walnut Grove

510: Langley/Aldergrove via Salmon River

511: Aldergrove/Glucester/Zoo

512: Aldergrove Circulator

520: Renumber C60

521: Renumber C61

523: Clayton/Langley Centre (via 68th)

524: Renumber and combine C64 and C70

531: Langley/White Rock

532: Renumber C63

538: Campbell Valley Flex Route (to Langley)

548: Glen Valley Flex Route

550: Renumber ValleyMax Route 21

551: Renumber ValleyMax Route 1

552: Renumber ValleyMax Route 2

553: Renumber ValleyMax Route 3

554: Renumber ValleyMax Route 4

555: Renumber ValleyMax Route 5

556: Renumber ValleyMax Route 6

557: Renumber ValleyMax Route 7

562: Renumber ValleyMax Route 12

565: Renumber ValleyMax Route 15

566: Renumber ValleyMax Route 16

567: Renumber ValleyMax Route 17

572: Renumber ValleyMax Route 22

573: Renumber ValleyMax Route 23

574: Renumber ValleyMax Route 24

576: Renumber ValleyMax Route 26

588: Sumas Prairie Flex Route

591: Abbotsford/Surrey Central Express

592: Abbotsford/Walnut Grove Express

597: Lougheed Station/Walnut Grove/Langley Express

603: Merge with C84

605: Renumber C89, merge with portion of 601

606: Merge with C86

607: Renumber C87

608: Merge with C88

610: Tsawwassen Ferry/South Delta

618: Renumber C88 reverse loop

711: Renumber C41

713: Renumber C43

714: Renumber C44

715: Renumber C45

716: Renumber C46

717: Renumber C47

721: Restore number for C49

722: Restore number for C48

728: Stave Fall Flex Route

731: Silver Valley/Haney Place

737: North Pitt Meadows Flex Route

738: North Maple Ridge Flex Route

750: Mission/Haney Place

752: Renumber ValleyMax Route 32

753: Renumber ValleyMax Route 33

754: Renumber ValleyMax Route 34

755: Renumber ValleyMax Route 35

759: Renumber ValleyMax Route 39

760: Renumber ValleyMax Route 40

790: Mission/Vancouver (TrainBus)

801: Chilliwack/Abbotsford (Local)

805: Mission/Kent/Harrison

811: Renumber Chilliwack Route 1

812: Renumber Chilliwack Route 2

813: Renumber Chilliwack Route 3

814: Renumber Chilliwack Route 4

815: Renumber Chilliwack Route 5

816: Renumber Chilliwack Route 6

817: Renumber Chilliwack Route 7

818: Renumber Chilliwack Route 8

819: Renumber Chilliwack Route 9

820: Renumber Chilliwack Route 10

822: Renumber Chilliwack Route 12

848: Nicomen Island Flex Route

851: Chilliwack/Kent/Harrison (Renumber Chilliwack Route 11)

861: Chilliwack/Bridal Falls

871: Chilliwack/Hope

872: Hope/Othello

875: Hope/Yale

890: Chilliwack/Vancouver (TrainBus/Greyhound)

891: Chilliwack/Abbotsford (via Hwy 1)

901: Whistler/Squamish (Renumber Whistler/Squamish route 98)

909: Whistler/Pemberton (Renumber Whistler route 99)

911: Renumber Whistler Route 1

912: Renumber Whistler Route 2

913: Renumber Whistler Route 3

914: Renumber Whistler Route 4

915: Renumber Whistler Route 5

916: Renumber Whistler Route 6

917: Renumber Whistler Route 7

921: Renumber Whistler Route 21

923: Renumber Whistler Route 43

933: Renumber Whistler Route 33

937: Renumber Whistler Route 77

951: Renumber Pemberton Route 100

990: Whistler/Vancouver (TrainBus/Greyhound)

Well.. some of the new routes are from existing plans, and I merely assign a route number to them ^^;;

TransLink could do something similar, instead of having CMBC operating the outer regions, it could be run by the local transit service currently in place, just with TransLink branding and with Translink route numbers. Basically, the municipality could do the route planning, while borrowing their busses/route numbers while TransLink continues to do mass Metro Vancouver route planning thats operated by CMBC.

Yes, you can have multiple transit agency running under unified branding and fare system (an example would in Greater Taipei, where there are about 700 different routes run by around 20 different companies that are responsible for their own vehicles, fare collection, and scheduling, but they run under the same system with unified fare and route numbering scheme)

And then you can also have a non-unified system but have unified numbering scheme so there are no confusion like the 5 different route 3s in Vancouver, Squamish, Whistler, Abbotsford, and Chilliwack (an example - all regional routes in Taiwan are under a unified 4-digits numbering scheme, so there are no two routes that share the same number)