CTrain - S200 (series 9) cars

LRT

56 minutes ago, School Bus 101 said:

I'm not sure if this is out of the ordinary or not, but a four car Series 9 consist is parked at the Tuscany tail-track this weekend. Lead car is 2425. 

DSC_0190.JPG

There no longer being assigned on any particular key. 

Since then remote storage has been quite common with the 9s at the Tuscany yard. The 9s are also being stored at Haysboro as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, vicinity said:

About time!

No Doubt the cars are working on at Anderson are taking a long time. Quite frankly these car should be ready to go upon arrival but for whatever reason they show up with flat wheels and they require a lot of work

• 2 weeks later...

2428 hanging out....

Drove a Series 9 consist today and had no issues downtown with the station announcements for the first time. They played perfectly and they didn't jam up!

As far as the destinations inside the train I had no idea what it was displaying but I would imagine they were correct as they work together with the announcements.

Those nines sure sound pretty cool when they go by.... they have a totally different sound on the rails.

Nice rumble to them I must say!

20170907_010119.jpg

• Like 2

I understand the card readers on the cab doors will open only for the assigned operator, and that the rest of the fleet, except possibly U2s,is to be refitted. The signs on the 2400s and 2300s scroll to show a 4-car train; will this be made standard so the train length always shows? Will these signs be refitted to the 2200s?

1 hour ago, Mark Walton said:

I understand the card readers on the cab doors will open only for the assigned operator, and that the rest of the fleet, except possibly U2s,is to be refitted. The signs on the 2400s and 2300s scroll to show a 4-car train; will this be made standard so the train length always shows? Will these signs be refitted to the 2200s?

Rumor has it the series 5s will get new signage, infotainment screens and similar flooring and seating as the series 9s.

The cab is supposedly completely redesigned too. This includes a glass wall and Center seating for the operator.

Time will tell and won't know for sure until one of them shows up.

1 hour ago, Blake M said:

Is there no particular order in which the cars arrive? 2433 came in a month ago but 2432 just came in today

Transit vehicles are generally numbered according to order of manufacture, but it's not uncommon for some to arrive before others.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blake M said:

Is there no particular order in which the cars arrive? 2433 came in a month ago but 2432 just came in today

Especially if there's issues on the production line or that particular car. If it's not ready to go out it won't...

• Like 1