CTrain - S200 (series 9) cars

LRT

I've been trying to post this for the last few days but cars 2421-2418-2414 are running a new software and are not allowed to run with any other s200 until they all run the same software together.

And then....

Oddly enough yesterday morning car 2421 was a problem car and the entire contest and was pulled out of service. Eventually that contest was back in service later in the afternoon.

I also heard from the operator that was operating that contest yesterday morning that the doors were operating with a delay when activated. The door's unlocked button had to be pressed for 2 to 3 seconds before the doors were activated.

• Like 2

2422 and 2423 are now at Anderson still wrapped up so maybe we might see these two cars go through some type of testing next week.

2424 is definitely undergoing testing or commissioning of some sort at Anderson. From what I hear Siemens is only allowed to work on three cars at a time, so until the latest three cars are in service we won't be receiving any more cars due to space. If we do receive more cars that's an indication that three more cars will be entering service.

Get them in get him out mentality by the sounds of it

• Like 1

On Sun May 21 2017 at 2:04 PM, vicinity said:

Due to space? Is it just a logistical problem or can't we just start storing trains in the new part of OBMF? 

Sorry...no I ment space as far as the amount of cars Siemens can work on. I should of been more specific.

Seen 2420 today in the yard at Anderson

2424s "operator steps" look to be finally modified with larger steps. The existing steps on the S200s are way too small and shallow for feet to fit into. 

30 minutes ago, vicinity said:

Ok my bad! Sorry for not using my head ?

Oh boy you dont need to apologize?

16 minutes ago, Gsgeek540 said:

Special software train dead 421-418-414 on mainline around 9pm last night just before A96 (before southland outbound. Train was still there when i drove by around midnight. Single tracked on inbound track.

Yikes! That's not good. I've heard that consist had drivability issues and door issues last week too. 

Seems like there is a new issue with the interior orange LED signs where they will get stuck displaying a message for a few minutes, followed by a 'reboot', after which they work fine for another few minutes before getting stuck again and the cycle starts over.

I'm also curious if anyone knows what this pole is for... I don't think all the cars have it. It's at one of the end doors, which makes me wonder if it's to help operators climb up the stairs (similar to the pole on the other side of the door frame which swings out).

3.jpg

16 minutes ago, 1604 said:

Seems like there is a new issue with the interior orange LED signs where they will get stuck displaying a message for a few minutes, followed by a 'reboot', after which they work fine for another few minutes before getting stuck again and the cycle starts over.

I'm also curious if anyone knows what this pole is for... I don't think all the cars have it. It's at one of the end doors, which makes me wonder if it's to help operators climb up the stairs (similar to the pole on the other side of the door frame which swings out).

3.jpg

Not sure about that pole. Looks out of place. As far as the signage did you catch a car number? There is a consist thats running around with new software that's not working very well at all.... its causing a lot of headaches...

1 hour ago, LRT said:

Not sure about that pole. Looks out of place. As far as the signage did you catch a car number? There is a consist thats running around with new software that's not working very well at all.... its causing a lot of headaches...

Yeah, I believe it was the test consist you mentioned above. But I also noticed it when I rode the 4 car S200 on the first day of blue line service, so I assume it's all of them.

Is there any difference to the operator of the consist with the new software? Or is it all technical 'under the hood' changes? I did notice the doors take ages to register the train was stopped (i.e. before the red illumination would come on or they would unlock).

So much different information out there nobody knows what's coming or going... I could have sworn I seen two flat cars at the Haysbro spur this morning. Apparently this is the only car we received in a long time. Another one's supposed to show up tomorrow night, 2427 next week and car 2428 supposed to leave Sacramento on Thursday.

Cars up to 2435 are ready to be shipped from California but we're obviously not ready for them all yet

Oh boy!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CanadianTransitTycoon said:

Spotted another white wrapped s200 on the delivery track today. I lost count so I have no idea which car this is :P

We all lost count.... it should be 2426

2427 should be here hopefully within a week if they find it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick B said:

Not to worry folks...

Units reported delivered: #'s 2401-26 (26/69)

Units reported in service: #'s 2401-18, 21 (19/26/69)

Units to watch out for: #'s 2419, 20, 22-26

Information is gathered from reports in this thread. This post will be updated accordingly as it becomes necessary.

I believe I have seen #2419 in service but we'll wait for further confirmation.

2419 is in service, was at Crowfoot outbound at 6:11pm

• Like 1

I spotted a 4 car S200 consist heading to 69 Street earlier, and thought two things. 

One is that making the Red line the same colour as the trains themselves, and as the BRT, really dilutes the colour scheme, and having the blue colours outside and inside that 69 St train make it stand out in a good way. However, having the front destination "69 Street" move sideways in order to display "4 car train" is really hard on the eyes. 

I'm fairly sure I saw 2419 somewhere recently too, on the Red line, with 2421.