CTrain - S200 (series 9) cars

LRT

28 minutes ago, LRT said:

Yes indeed it is 2417. It looked very cold.. I don't think I've ever seen these cars numbered from the factory until now.

Did we already get 2416? Or did the the 9s stop at 2415 back in late 2016?

I believe the last one was 2415 in late 2016 going off posts in this thread and http://carsandtrains.com/ctrain/s200/s200_roster.html

An unusual sight just a few moments ago at 12:48pm - an out-of-service 2413/2/1 came into Brentwood southbound on the outbound track just two minutes before a 4-car SD160 came southbound on the inbound track.

(apologies for quality - shooting through the dirty shelter windows)

WP_20170310_12_48_25_Pro.jpg

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, TimmyC62 said:

An unusual sight just a few moments ago at 12:48pm - an out-of-service 2413/2/1 came into Brentwood southbound on the outbound track just two minutes before a 4-car SD160 came southbound on the inbound track.

(apologies for quality - shooting through the dirty shelter windows)

WP_20170310_12_48_25_Pro.jpg

Well let me tell you what happened there. 

That consist was involved in a collision with a car I believe at 4th Ave and 9st O.B this morning... from what I heard the operator was not aware of the collision until parts of the damaged train made contact with the platform at Sunnyside.

Eventually the train was put out of service and parked at the Northland Yard. 

That picture was taken shortly after the train came back onto mainline from the Northland yard track. 

I seen it go by in the south when it was returning back to Anderson. It had significant damage to the lower side skirting on 1 or 2 of the cars.

This would be the 1st collision on a series 9 in revenue service to the best of my knowledge.

• Like 3

On 3/10/2017 at 2:23 PM, LRT said:

Well let me tell you what happened there. 

That consist was involved in a collision with a car I believe at 4th Ave and 9st O.B this morning... from what I heard the operator was not aware of the collision until parts of the damaged train made contact with the platform at Sunnyside.

Eventually the train was put out of service and parked at the Northland Yard. 

That picture was taken shortly after the train came back onto mainline from the Northland yard track. 

I seen it go by in the south when it was returning back to Anderson. It had significant damage to the lower side skirting on 1 or 2 of the cars.

This would be the 1st collision on a series 9 in revenue service to the best of my knowledge.

I heard from a passenger that afternoon on my bus about a crash with the CTrain at that location.  Guess that was the one.

28 minutes ago, Nick B said:

#2414, the only 2016 delivered car to not be confirmed in service yet, is on the Anderson test track this afternoon.

2416 and 2417 is at Anderson.

Didn't 2414 show up in late 2016? I'm sure that's been in service already in January / February

It's been a while since I've been in the south... but I'll be there tomorrow I'll check things out

Edited by LRT
Brain Fart!

14 hours ago, Nick B said:

I haven't seen #2414 and it is yet to be reported in service in this thread.

Okay here's the scoop... 2414 is undergoing load testing on test track (as we speak) it's actually loaded full of metal weights and they're doing some sort of testing to possibly tweak the software and drivability of these cars. So I would imagine 2414 has become some kind of guinea pig for this purpose.

2416 has arrived sometime this week and 2418 is still in its white wrapping exposing a small part of its articulation with the unit number 2418.... here's the thing I could not find 2417 anywhere. Even the service guy couldn't find it in the papers so I'm starting to think 2418 may have actually been mis-numbered as 2417. I actually seen 2417 at haysboro siding still wrapped up with my own eyes and so did some other members on this board.

If there's any way we can confirm that 2417 has arrived or not even more that would be great.

The only place I didn't look was in the body shop but if it was in the body shop it would have been in the lineup sheets.

2411 is damaged due to a car hitting it sometime last week or so. It will be out of service until parts show up.

All other cars have been in service except 2414 by sounds of things.

That's it for now!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Issack said:

How many more cars do we need in until some u2's start getting pulled from service ?

Good question.

From what I hear the reliability on the series 9s have to improve before they start pulling the U2s however some (3-4) already have been temporarily sidelined because there in such rough shape .

The series 5s are going back to Sacramento to be modernized and the series 7s are undergoing refurbishments so a surplus will be needed to keep up with service.

I remember hearing a story on the news that because of the 5s going out of town the 1st mass batch of the U2 retirement could be delayed as much as a year. 

Not to mention we have 1 maybe 2 series 8s that are toast and 1 under a major repair due to that crazy derailment last year.

Originally 20 cars were suppose to be retired with this order of S200s.

To date retired and scraped U2s have been:

2001, 2010, *2019, *2027, 2057 and 2102

* 2027 "A" end and 2019 "B" end was used to build 2090

• Like 2

Consist to which 2405 is attached is currently being held at Brentwood on the outbound platform due to passenger emergency (according to CT's Twitter). They're having the passengers take the next train using the inbound platform.

Edit: oops, this should probably have been in the Disruptions thread.

25 minutes ago, TimmyC62 said:

Consist to which 2405 is attached is currently being held at Brentwood on the outbound platform due to passenger emergency (according to CT's Twitter). They're having the passengers take the next train using the inbound platform.

Edit: oops, this should probably have been in the Disruptions thread.

It's series 9 related. Good enough for me!

• Like 1

2417 and 2418

2419 should be here real soon

20170326_050258.jpg

20170326_050228.jpg

I should also mention that these cars arrived with there interiors more or less assembled.

Other cars that arrived didn't have there cctvs installed or ceiling panels installed. 

All interior decals have been installed from factory as well

• Like 2