CTrain - S200 (series 9) cars

LRT

The mock up that TTC has is in it's own livery, also the TTCs street cars have doors on one side, he was mentioning something about a new LRT line, but the new cars haven't been tendered for that line yet... have they??

Could he have possibly ment the new line??

The mock up that TTC has is in it's own livery, also the TTCs street cars have doors on one side, he was mentioning something about a new LRT line, but the new cars haven't been tendered for that line yet... have they??

Could he have possibly ment the new line??

I'm going to wager yes.

We actually have a pair of lines in the slow cooker....Long story, full of betrayal and intrigue...or, just a typical farce. You decide.

If the Calgary Series 9 order ever goes ahead (if GreenTrip funds are ever released), there's a fair chance that Calgary could be running a Flexity on its existing lines - but it'll be the Flexity Swift that's running in Frankfurt now (they also still run U2 vehicles). The Swift is pretty much spot on spec for Calgary already, essentially a modernized U2.

(http://bombardier.com/en/transportation/products-services/rail-vehicles/light-rail-vehicles/flexity-light-rail-vehicles/frankfurt--germany?docID=0901260d8000cba5)

If the Calgary Series 9 order ever goes ahead (if GreenTrip funds are ever released), there's a fair chance that Calgary could be running a Flexity on its existing lines - but it'll be the Flexity Swift that's running in Frankfurt now (they also still run U2 vehicles). The Swift is pretty much spot on spec for Calgary already, essentially a modernized U2. (http://bombardier.co...901260d8000cba5)

Or is it more of a modernized Series 8 SD160 car? No?

• 2 months later...

I'm not surprised, the series 9 cars were supposed to be tendered in January now with the delay of the 4 car extensions I bet this will also put a delay on the retirement of the U2 cars.

Posted on Tapatalk On My Mobile!

Got a long way to go in that respect... The oldest U2's are just a little over 30 years old... Another 20 might be possible for Edmonton's U2's, but I highly doubt it for Calgary's.

Jon

I doubt they will last that long, at least I hope not!

My comment was more directed at the provincial government dragging their heels on the funding.

I'm not surprised, the series 9 cars were supposed to be tendered in January now with the delay of the 4 car extensions I bet this will also put a delay on the retirement of the U2 cars.

Ofcorse it will delay retirement, if we don't get cars till 2015 we can't retire till atleast 2016 because we need 30 plus cars and the once the other 20 arrive the we will have a surplus and then can retire some U2's but on average of one car a month arriving starting 2015 it willbe close to 2017 before we get 30

Well one sure fire way that we know we're getting new cars soon is the expansion of OBMF! Also as far as I know there is no plans to configure Anderson garage to make room for 4 car trains.

Theres also a rumor floating around that Anderson garage will be for repairs, maintenance and bodywork only (no storage) in the future.

I talked to Doug Morgan and he said the expassion on OBMF is for current and existing trains

You talked to Doug Morgan?

Did you as him for an opportunity for a career with Calgary Transit?

Maybe one day you will be my boss!!!:lol:

Ya he said I should work for ct but I need my licenses for buses first, he was at sunridge a weekend ago here is what he told me

New arbocs are for expansion and demand not for the elderados

Expansion at obmf is for trains we have right now

New bus garage planned for Stoney plan

Bus rapid corridor in the se for bus only (like Ottawa)

They will not be painting trains in the near future

They will be putting the yellow tile on all the stations

• 1 month later...

GreenTRIP funding for these cars released:

http://www.calgaryhe...2081/story.html

Redford deferred to former Calgary alderman and current Transportation Minister Ric McIver to announce $473 million in long-promised funds from the province’s Green Transit Initiatives Program, or Green Trip.

“It’s something that’s been long coming,” said McIver, referring to the recently signed agreement between the city and province.

“The Green Trip funding from the first tranche is agreed to and that’s part of this project as well as buying LRT cars … and planning of the southeast SETWAY,” he said.

• 4 months later...

I guess I can post this, not confirmed but the new rumor is 50 Seimens SD160 cars are coming in 2015 with a option of 100 more cars in 2017.

Again, not confirmed but comes from a "higher up" from the City.

I guess I can post this, not confirmed but the new rumor is 50 Seimens SD160 cars are coming in 2015 with a option of 100 more cars in 2017.

Again, not confirmed but comes from a "higher up" from the City.

I heard it. The tour guide/train driver told me on Backstage. I'm curious to see what they will be like.

• 3 months later...