LRT

CTrain - S200 (series 9) cars

Very cool to see I never even noticed that! Advertisements were supposed to happen along time ago. Good to see they’re actually utilizing the signage in the trains. 

Looks like ads have started to appear on the S200 fleet.  2424 has an interior ad for Boardwalk (the real estate one), placed similarly to the SD160s.

Screenshot_20201002-165148_One UI Home.jpg

3 hours ago, TechSpotlight said:

Looks like ads have started to appear on the S200 fleet.  2424 has an interior ad for Boardwalk (the real estate one), placed similarly to the SD160s.

Screenshot_20201002-165148_One UI Home.jpg

I'm waiting to see what a wrapped S200 looks like... 

Check out the new “low tech fastening system” they’ve developed on the series 9s to prevent the side panels from popping open while the train is in motion. 

This is 2464

Looks like ass!

9E2ED99E-FBEF-425B-8ECD-FD7EFEB6AE05.jpeg

3AABCF9B-77F0-43F5-8946-ADCAD90D7650.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LRT said:

Check out the new “low tech fastening system” they’ve developed on the series 9s to prevent the side panels from popping open while the train is in motion. 

This is 2464

Looks like ass!

9E2ED99E-FBEF-425B-8ECD-FD7EFEB6AE05.jpeg

3AABCF9B-77F0-43F5-8946-ADCAD90D7650.jpeg

BuT tHe TrAiN iS sHaPeD LIkE a MaSk

8 hours ago, LRT said:

This is 2464

Looks like ass!

Good lord. I really hope ETS is paying attention to your S200s before we buy more HFLRVs as this might push them to other manufacturers

On 11/11/2020 at 12:50 PM, brookiedbj said:

Good lord. I really hope ETS is paying attention to your S200s before we buy more HFLRVs as this might push them to other manufacturers

Edmonton's apparently already has had some discussions with Calgary about the potential for a future joint order. Doesn't necessarily mean S200's though. Could just be a joint competitive procurement, but, I could see it ultimately leading to S200's.`

With the Drop-In Center closed, there are suddenly a lot more homeless on the trains and in the stations this week.

Most so far seem okay, but a constant trend I've noticed is how groups of intoxicated Natives tend to cluster in the seats at the front and back of the S200s.

When the train stops and they go to leave, in their inebriated state they inevitably take too long and then get aggressive at the door closing in their faces.

I'm wondering if maybe removing that little "pod" of seats and just placing more bench along the sides would help. I know, I'm advocating for the removal of the closest thing an S200 has to comfortable seating, but those areas become garbage piles pretty regularly.

1 hour ago, chills_on_the_train said:

With the Drop-In Center closed, there are suddenly a lot more homeless on the trains and in the stations this week.

Most so far seem okay, but a constant trend I've noticed is how groups of intoxicated Natives tend to cluster in the seats at the front and back of the S200s.

When the train stops and they go to leave, in their inebriated state they inevitably take too long and then get aggressive at the door closing in their faces.

I'm wondering if maybe removing that little "pod" of seats and just placing more bench along the sides would help. I know, I'm advocating for the removal of the closest thing an S200 has to comfortable seating, but those areas become garbage piles pretty regularly.

I wholeheartedly agree, but they'd better increase the height of the seatbacks of the side facing seats if they do that. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nick B said:

I wholeheartedly agree, but they'd better increase the height of the seatbacks of the side facing seats if they do that. 

Increasing the seatback height would create a nice little trash trough between the seatback and window. 😆

• Like 1