Welcome to the updated CPTDB!

If you prefer an older theme, you can change it back by scrolling to the very bottom and clicking on "Theme" on the bottom right. However, you can also change the background color/image by clicking on the "photo icon" in the black bar with your username at the top of the page.

Click the X on the top right of this box to dismiss this message.

LRT

CTrain - S200 (series 9) cars

14 hours ago, LRT said:

And here she is the day before the event!

20181011_215508.jpg

By the way..... what the heck are they doing with the series 9s right now? I haven't been up in the Northeast for quite a while but they have a team of Siemens people up there and they're working on them hardcore at night! 

Fixing glitches? 

9 minutes ago, Blake M said:

Fixing glitches? 

I would imagine so, like I said I haven't been out in the Northeast for quite a while I was so surprised to see all these S200s is being worked on.

The fit and finish on these cars are terrible... I can't believe CT is letting this slide. These cars rattle worse then the U2s... next time anyone rides in these cars take a look at how the overhead compartments are fitted... they pop open from time to time

• Like 2

Just now, LRT said:

The fit and finish on these cars are terrible... I can't believe CT is letting this slide. These cars rattle worse then the U2s... next time anyone rides in these cars take a look at how the overhead compartments are fitted... they pop open from time to time

I'm more so counting cars with outside panels missing 😅

• Haha 2

Just now, Blake M said:

Probably a silly question but do the S200's not have A and B ends or are they just not labelled in the cabs?

That's not a silly question at all. Yes they do have a and b ends rule of thumb wherever the Pantagraph is that would be the A end.

Someone had a bright idea not to put stickers in the cabs. The monitors tell you which cab your in..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LRT said:

That's not a silly question at all. Yes they do have a and b ends rule of thumb wherever the Pantagraph is that would be the A end.

Someone had a bright idea not to put stickers in the cabs. The monitors tell you which cab your in..

Hey that's pretty good to know actually. I'm gonna start paying attention for that.

6 minutes ago, Blake M said:

Hey that's pretty good to know actually. I'm gonna start paying attention for that.

A ends also have wheelcair ramps..

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure I drove....um I mean seen 2453 in service this week on the blue line... can't remember.... they still have bugs....lots and lots of bugs

• Like 2

On 10/19/2018 at 2:35 PM, LRT said:

"It's educational"

14 hours ago, TimmyC62 said:

2457 on Blue Line today (Saturday, Nov 3 2018); a one-off (?) 4-car consist working the Blue (!) Line tonight (same day). 

PB030879.JPG

PB030936.JPG

Judging by how absolutely packed the trains were ferrying people to the new Central Library yesterday, it's not surprising they broke out a 4-car consist or two

2 minutes ago, Greatcoinz said:

2450 Active on the Blue Line. 

It sure has been! I've driven it a few times already in the last few weeks😊

3 hours ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

Then why didn't you tell us!?!?  

I was worried that it was going to break down and completely forgot to post it! 

• Haha 1