LRT

CTrain - S200 (series 9) cars

1 hour ago, Vancouver said:

Is that our last one? Or are there some in the middle that haven't arrived yet?

There are still several in the middle. 2454, 2455, 2458, 2460, 2461, and 2462 haven't been delivered yet

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pantograf said:

The final 6 cars (2464-2469) are a separate order and should start arriving next Spring. 

Keyword: "should"

• Haha 2

City Council approved the purchase of 15 LRVs during budget deliberations this past week. From the information that has been made public, it appears to be the 6 previously announced, 6 more that were added to the budget and 3 that were asked for late in deliberations yesterday to allow for a volume discount on the order. Delivery expected in late 2020 to early 2021.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Gsgeek540 said:

City Council approved the purchase of 15 LRVs during budget deliberations this past week. From the information that has been made public, it appears to be the 6 previously announced, 6 more that were added to the budget and 3 that were asked for late in deliberations yesterday to allow for a volume discount on the order. Delivery expected in late 2020 to early 2021.

I wonder what that cost was..I wonder since there part of the same order or not, are they designated as a series 9 or 10?

2 hours ago, CTrainDude said:

Series X 😁

So series 9 is now series X, and the 10th series will be series 9. These 15 units will be known as series XS

Please do not quote this post.

Units reported delivered: #'s 2401-53, 56-60, 63 (59/63)

Units reported in service: #'s 2401-45, 47, 48, 50, 51, 53, 56, 57, 59 (53/59/63)

Units to watch out for: #'s 2446, 49, 52, 58, 60, 63

Information is gathered from reports in this thread. This post will be updated accordingly as it becomes necessary.

• Like 2

Regarding the official series designation of the additional cars, due to the financing coming from a different budget,  cars 2464 to 2472 will be listed as series 10 even though they will be the same as the series 9's.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pantograf said:

Out first delivery of 2019

20190110_065148.jpg

Yay (ish)!

On 12/31/2018 at 7:21 PM, Greatcoinz said:

2459 Active on the Blue Line earlier this afternoon. 

Just saw it doing a solo run through downtown eastbound.

On 1/10/2019 at 8:26 AM, LRT said:

Yay (ish)!

So is there some kind of revision plan in the works to fix the various bugs in these trains, or is everyone resigned to operating them "as-is" for the forseeable future? Seems like a fairly major software update is needed, at best.

6 hours ago, chills_on_the_train said:

So is there some kind of revision plan in the works to fix the various bugs in these trains, or is everyone resigned to operating them "as-is" for the forseeable future? Seems like a fairly major software update is needed, at best.

Yes,  Perhaps a new manufacturer! Highly unlikely...

Hopefully by the time these things are built they'll be coming from the back from the factory ready be put into service without any glitches.

🤣😂😭😆😂 really though who am I kidding!

2 hours ago, LRT said:

Yes,  Perhaps a new manufacturer! Highly unlikely...

Hopefully by the time these things are built they'll be coming from the back from the factory ready be put into service without any glitches.

🤣😂😭😆😂 really though who am I kidding!

I know wrong thread but I'm still waiting for 2205/2207/22xx to be put back into service

21 minutes ago, Blake M said:

I know wrong thread but I'm still waiting for 2205/2207/22xx to be put back into service

I answered you question here:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, chills_on_the_train said:

I came to work today (SB Red Line) on a consist that had 2459 at the front.

You're absolutely correct did anybody notice the missing panels on the front... again!