LRT

CTrain - S200 (series 9) cars

15 minutes ago, Nick B said:

Two more cars have arrived at the pad.

Good to hear! Unfortunately they're probably not going to be unloaded until after Stampede.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chills_on_the_train said:

Missed a spot!

😁 We'll send it over to the detailing department or it might just fall off on its own. 

4 hours ago, LRT said:

Cool video... lots of bullshit

"We want to be the way people travel..." Okay how about some comfortable seats for both passengers and operators that might be a good start

13 hours ago, Blake M said:

"We want to be the way people travel..." Okay how about some comfortable seats for both passengers and operators that might be a good start

In their defence, that's a Calgary Transit problem, not a Siemens problem.

Dan

• Like 1

7 hours ago, reecemartin said:

What is it about the seats that people don't like? Is it the hard material? I don't mind the seats in new NYC subway trains. . . 

Well for passengers it's the lack of seating in the middle of the cars and for the drivers I believe they hurt your back (please correct me if I'm wrong)

51 minutes ago, Blake M said:

Well for passengers it's the lack of seating in the middle of the cars and for the drivers I believe they hurt your back (please correct me if I'm wrong)

I think the main problem for passengers is the height of the horizontal seats. It feels like they were designed solely for people under 5'5". If you're taller than that, be ready to get the convex/angled part and top rim of the seat impacting your spine. 

• Like 5