CTrain - S200 (series 9) cars

LRT

City Council approved the purchase of 15 LRVs during budget deliberations this past week. From the information that has been made public, it appears to be the 6 previously announced, 6 more that were added to the budget and 3 that were asked for late in deliberations yesterday to allow for a volume discount on the order. Delivery expected in late 2020 to early 2021.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Gsgeek540 said:

City Council approved the purchase of 15 LRVs during budget deliberations this past week. From the information that has been made public, it appears to be the 6 previously announced, 6 more that were added to the budget and 3 that were asked for late in deliberations yesterday to allow for a volume discount on the order. Delivery expected in late 2020 to early 2021.

I wonder what that cost was..I wonder since there part of the same order or not, are they designated as a series 9 or 10?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, chills_on_the_train said:

So is there some kind of revision plan in the works to fix the various bugs in these trains, or is everyone resigned to operating them "as-is" for the forseeable future? Seems like a fairly major software update is needed, at best.

Yes,  Perhaps a new manufacturer! Highly unlikely...

Hopefully by the time these things are built they'll be coming from the back from the factory ready be put into service without any glitches.

????? really though who am I kidding!

2 hours ago, LRT said:

Yes,  Perhaps a new manufacturer! Highly unlikely...

Hopefully by the time these things are built they'll be coming from the back from the factory ready be put into service without any glitches.

????? really though who am I kidding!

I know wrong thread but I'm still waiting for 2205/2207/22xx to be put back into service