CTrain - S200 (series 9) cars

LRT

9 hours ago, reecemartin said:

What is it about the seats that people don't like? Is it the hard material? I don't mind the seats in new NYC subway trains. . . 

And I don't mind the hard seats in a ETS 7000 series XD40. But then a NYC subway train or a ETS 7000 series bus ≠ a CT S200... 

It's both the shape, as mentioned the seats don't fit most adults, particularly the sideways ones. And also the fact that it's solid, flat plastic, which is very rare in trains. I'm really curious because if the operator seats are just as bad as the passenger seats, that makes it much worse

There's another S200 sitting at Alyth and one is at the border. Siemens had suspended production of the Calgary 9's with the completion of the initial order of 63 units. Production  of the second batch of 6 (possibly more if funds can be found) will restart sometime next year. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Pantograf said:

There's another S200 sitting at Alyth and one is at the border. Siemens had suspended production of the Calgary 9's with the completion of the initial order of 63 units. Production  of the second batch of 6 (possibly more if funds can be found) will restart sometime next year. 

Maybe they can iron out the issues with another manufacturer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone found the vertical poles for the sideseats poorly designed? They angle out right at head height (well, my head, anyway, at ~5'7"), so if you're sitting, say, to the right of the pole but you want the door to your left, the angled out portion is in your head's way as you get up and turn left towards the door. Hit my head doing so today and informed CT about this in case it's been reported multiple times.

12 minutes ago, TimmyC62 said:

Has anyone found the vertical poles for the sideseats poorly designed? They angle out right at head height (well, my head, anyway, at ~5'7"), so if you're sitting, say, to the right of the pole but you want the door to your left, the angled out portion is in your head's way as you get up and turn left towards the door. Hit my head doing so today and informed CT about this in case it's been reported multiple times.

Yes! I absolutely agree with you!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't think anyone was interested so I stopped posting the updates but here they are,  454 and 455  are delayed, 456 and 457 are in the house, the car that was at Haysboro and then sent back to Alyth was a returning refurb and there should be another 9 at Alyth as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chills_on_the_train said:

Pretty sure 2456 was in house during the OBMF tour. Was nice to have one of each gen lined up!

Even though 2456 arrived a month ago and it's still being worked on at AG, I doubt it was at OBMF for the open house as it doesn't even have the skirt panels attached yet. But then again, nothing's impossible.

26 minutes ago, Blake M said:

2453 was at OBMF

And here she is the day before the event!

20181011_215508.jpg

By the way..... what the heck are they doing with the series 9s right now? I haven't been up in the Northeast for quite a while but they have a team of Siemens people up there and they're working on them hardcore at night! 

• Like 1