CTrain - S200 (series 9) cars

LRT

Excellent photos. Does anyone know what the commissioning tests involve? For example do they have to run for a certain amount of hours and miles without breakdown or failure?

Not sure but I know that Montreal's new Metro subway train went 13,000kms with out a "stall" since August. It's now running on the Orange line off peak times.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw 2401 drive by Lions Park a bit before noon. It made a very different sound than any of the current trains.

I also got to see it parked at Victoria Park platform C last week (and took some good photos), and parked with 2402 at Anderson yard on the weekend.

I saw 2401 drive by Lions Park a bit before noon. It made a very different sound than any of the current trains.

I also got to see it parked at Victoria Park platform C last week (and took some good photos), and parked with 2402 at Anderson yard on the weekend.

It sounds different that's for sure...kinda like it gears up and down during acceleration and braking...that's because it uses a different type of inverter otherwise the motors are the same (there actually rated 1hp more per motor) try to listen to the train at idle sounds a lot like a U2!

Any word on whether 2403 and 2404 arrived yet? Based on what I could find in this topic, there hasn't been a delivery since the end of January...

There is a way of tracking the railcars that these deliveries are being delivered on, but I have not looked into it. But I am sure if you did some googling, I am sure you would come across this info. I wish I could lead you to it, but I don't recall where I found the info aside from a yahoo group that I have not visited in a few years.

I know almost nothing about Calgary Transit, and even less about the C-Train, but driving today in the very general vicinity of Chinook Mall I saw two sets of the new cars. They sure look sharp! Hoping to find them in the same spot tomorrow but that seems like a long shot.

They were unloading only - not moved off the siding until tomorrow,

Yes your right. I thought I saw track and way there. It's on the ground now. Security is there too.

2401 has the amber reflectors on the botom front of the car now. 2402 does not as of yet

2403 parked outside at Anderson yesterday coupled to 2401. 2403 has no decals.

2401 and 2402 were out on mainline yesterday! (coupled together) parked at Ctrack

Some operators were saying that one of the S200s were coupled to a U2 the otherday (towing) on test track. Not sure if it was a training exercise or not but the same day I seen 2401 coupled to a SD160 in Anderson yard. I also hear that training is supposed to begin next month.