Lindsay Transit

buschic

Well a Friend of mine who drives for TTC, was telling me about Lindsey Transit, so here goes.

There are 8 Drivers all are Part-time, all make around the same as YRT drivers, All work less than 30 hours a week.

There are only a few buses in Lindsey, but it even has a bus for those with Severe Disabilities AKA Wheel-trans style.

So there is a little bit about a REALLY small town Transit.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Lindsay Transit is now operating this vehicle. A good friend of mine snapped some cellphone pics for me. Unfortunately I have no idea who the manufacturer is.

SSPX0064.jpgSSPX0065.jpgSSPX0066.jpgSSPX0088.jpgSSPX0089.jpg

Thanks for sharing the photos. That bus is an IC Corp. LC Series.

• 1 month later...
Does this mean the o2s are retired now?

When I was there a few years ago, there was a fleet of 3 Orion II's. 2 were used in service and one was kept as a spare (I assume that they were rotated through service as well).

Also, routes assigned are the Red and the Green. The red is a counter-clockwise loop west of the Scugog River that services downtown, the north end, the two plaza/malls in the west end, the hospital and Fleming College (simply put anyway), The green is a figure-8 loop running from downtown, clockwise on the east side of the river back to downtown, then counter-clockwise on the west side of the river. Services the entire west-side of the river, downtown (twice), the mall/commercial district, and the hospital. What was interesting though, and I don't know where I put it, but the transfers in lindsay were punched for which route you got the transfer on. There were three boxes ... R, G, B ... so one can only assume there is a provision for a blue route (maybe split off the east loop of the green?)

Also, buses ran hourly, departing downtown at the top of the hour. They had a scheduled meet at the Mall transfer point around :32 if I recall. The red bus always sat for about 5-7 minutes, and would receive a radio call from the green bus whether or not there were transfers. If there was, the red would wait. If not, then the red would leave just a bit early.

This all occured from Fall '02 to Spring '04.

I've attached a map I did a long time ago as part of an e-portfolio project that I just never finished. Street labels would be nice, but I can't find the original file to work from. You can get a good idea of what the system covered and how twisty of a route it was. I lived just off route in the NW end of the city, and with the college at the sound end, my travel times were by car (5 min, 10 via Tim Horton's), bike (12 min), transit (40 min) or walk (45 min). Pretty bad when I can almost out-walk the bus! The killer was the mall layover though.

transit_lindsay_full_map.jpg

• 6 months later...