Fairfax Connector

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

All remaining 1994 TMC RTS Buses are going to be retired/auctioned off this summer. I also found out that they were refurbished at MTB in Milton, ON! These buses actually came to Canada! lol

MTB IIRC also rebuild some V's for them. MTB has done work on systems from the USA fleets before.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

VDOT to launch ‘bus-on-shoulder’ program on Interstate 66 by mid-November

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/trafficandcommuting/vdot-to-launch-bus-on-shoulder-program-on-interstate-66-by-mid-november/2014/10/03/a83da53c-4990-11e4-a046-120a8a855cca_story.html

Nick Perfili, section chief for the Fairfax Connector, projects a potential time savings for several of the county’s bus routes, including a route that travels to the Pentagon via the Dulles Connector Road and I-66. Other buses that take I-66 from the county bus garage to their first stop should potentially improve their ontime arrivals.

“I think the whole world is stuck in traffic in this area,” Perfili said. “We will benefit in the morning, in the afternoon and evening commutes. We are going to see improvements in the reliability of travel time in the corridor.”

Metrobus, Loudoun County Transit, and the Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission also use I-66 and would benefit from the pilot too.
  • 5 months later...
Yesterday I made a visit to DC, as well part of northern Virginia during my day trip. Of course, I got some interesting pics on transitfanning side featuring WMATA Metro Bus, DC Circulator and Arlington Transit ART bus with Orion, New Flyer and NABI.

Fairfax Connector 2012 New Flyer Xcelsior XD35 #9687 at Tyson Corner Metro Station, Tyson Corner, Virginia

10872969_10205391501699713_1171337839683

Fairfax Connector 2012 New Flyer Xcelsior XD35 #9687 and a 2009 New Flyer D40LFR can been seen outside of Tyson Corner Station and Tyson Corner Mall. Of course, this is my 1st visit 3-21-2015 to Tyson Corner from the newest WMATA Metrorail Station and Silver Line opening while traveling to the Mall (Tyson Corner Center).