tomsbuspage

Brockville Transit

Does anyone know what the engine and transmission were on 50491? I rode the bus back in September 2000 and I remember it sounding like an MCI Classic.

BT5049X.JPG

Does anyone know what the engine and transmission were on 50491? I rode the bus back in September 2000 and I remember it sounding like an MCI Classic.

6V92TA with an Allison.

Would anyone know when and perhaps why the International LC bus (50407) was retired?

Since my visit back in 2012 I didn't notice it anymore, maybe it was still a backup bus so i didn't see it on the road

Hi, everyone!  I'm looking at cross-referencing a photo of a Brockville Transit bus I took back in 2005 (Attached).  There's a small "2" under the read ad-rack, however on the Wiki, 2 is supposed to have been an Orion I when the photo looks like a Ford Cutaway.  

Thanks,

Alex
Laval, QC

1839810952_BrockvilleTransit.thumb.png.2b7948a289e87dcecd4fa8c37ffd8f29.png

4 hours ago, kellergraham said:

Hi, everyone!  I'm looking at cross-referencing a photo of a Brockville Transit bus I took back in 2005 (Attached).  There's a small "2" under the read ad-rack, however on the Wiki, 2 is supposed to have been an Orion I when the photo looks like a Ford Cutaway.  

Thanks,

Alex
Laval, QC

That would probably be what is referred to on the Wiki as 50299, which was a Girardin-bodied bus. It was replaced in 2005 by 50205, a Goshen GC II bodied bus. Maybe the 5-digit number was only used internally during that generation of buses? Or the 5-digit number is used elsewhere on the bus, and they don't bother with using the full number on the rear of the bus. Or the rear panel was replaced at some point and they only put back the single number to identify the unit. Hard to say exactly what - unfortunately I don't have any rear shots of Brockville Transit buses.

10 hours ago, kellergraham said:

Thanks,

Alex
Laval, QC

1839810952_BrockvilleTransit.thumb.png.2b7948a289e87dcecd4fa8c37ffd8f29.png

5 hours ago, Articulated said:

That would probably be what is referred to on the Wiki as 50299, which was a Girardin-bodied bus. It was replaced in 2005 by 50205, a Goshen GC II bodied bus. Maybe the 5-digit number was only used internally during that generation of buses? Or the 5-digit number is used elsewhere on the bus, and they don't bother with using the full number on the rear of the bus. Or the rear panel was replaced at some point and they only put back the single number to identify the unit. Hard to say exactly what - unfortunately I don't have any rear shots of Brockville Transit buses.

That is very odd, as I have several photos of the rears of Brockville buses and they all show the full five-digit number:

BT50301b.JPG

BT50205b.JPG

BT50407b.JPG

BT50309b.JPG

I also have a photo of 50299, but only from the front:

BT50299.JPG