RZ350

Canada Line

11 minutes ago, Express691 said:

I have a hunch a few more trains were delivered, like X28 

X28 has been in testing for about a week now.

I've seen up to X28 numbered, and at least 2 others without fleet numbers yet. So possibly just 1 or 2 trains left to be delivered

In today's edition of important observations... Or not. 

But the X21 set has the "British Columbia: The Best Place on Earth" decals, a slogan that was discontinued nine years ago. 

The other two "new" sets I saw today didn't, and only had the British Columbia wordmark and logo. That's the current standardized provincial branding. 

So presumably X21 set got done with old stock. 

• Like 1

X29 is numbered and was sitting at the yard when I went by

New station signage and line diagrams have been slowly rolling out on the Canada Line, I'm not sure if they're going to be adding diagrams on each platform similar to the Expo & Millennium Lines but the diagrams on concourse levels now give the platforms numbers instead of inbound/outbound.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 8010 said:

New station signage and line diagrams have been slowly rolling out on the Canada Line, I'm not sure if they're going to be adding diagrams on each platform similar to the Expo & Millennium Lines but the diagrams on concourse levels now give the platforms numbers instead of inbound/outbound.

Did they change the announcements?

1 hour ago, Community Shuttle said:

Did they change the announcements?

No, I don't know if they're going to or not. It would make sense to change them, maybe when all the signage is updated.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 8010 said:

Thank god. The inbound/outbound thing gets tourists confused a lot, I always see them scrambling to see which platform to go to.

1 hour ago, buizelbus said:

Thank god. The inbound/outbound thing gets tourists confused a lot, I always see them scrambling to see which platform to go to.

I hadn't thought about that, I really like inbound/outbound, but no doubt a tourist wouldn't necessarily be understanding the reference to downtown. 

About two months ago, big signage was affixed to the exterior of Langary 49th. Its nice because to tourist they would have driven right past it, expecting to find a station with elevated track but now they know that its a Subway and where to find it.

I think it's safe to assume all 12 new trainsets are in service. I've only seen up to set X31, but I also haven't taken the line in weeks.

Langara and Oakridge now have large line diagrams on the platform levels next to the tracks similar to the Expo & Millennium Lines.

• Like 3

On 4/29/2020 at 11:27 AM, 8010 said:

Langara and Oakridge now have large line diagrams on the platform levels next to the tracks similar to the Expo & Millennium Lines.

As someone who just kind of knows what train to get on to go where I want to be, I never noticed their absence... but how on earth would someone otherwise figure out where they were going if there was no route map? 

29 minutes ago, InfiNorth said:

As someone who just kind of knows what train to get on to go where I want to be, I never noticed their absence... but how on earth would someone otherwise figure out where they were going if there was no route map? 

I guess those Fast and Frequent Transit Network maps on the platforms, but there's only one per platform and they're not very large compared to the line diagrams.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 11:27 AM, 8010 said:

All stations from Marine to Yaletown have the new line diagrams. City Centre does not and I didn't see any at Waterfront. Haven't been on the Richmond or Sea Island portions of the line so I can't confirm anything on that side.

56 minutes ago, Express691 said:

Anyone spot 129-229 in service? Thsts the last one thst needs to enter into service.

Seen it at Bridgeport Station this evening

• Thanks 1