General Railway Photos

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Saw a BC Rail loco as lead engine on an eastbound freight through London, Ontario, on Sunday morning. See that occasionally but not too often. Sorry, don't recall the number, have a thought but don't want to type the wrong number here now.

That would have been CN #332. There's a shot of it on Railpictures.ca. Usually they're trailing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Spotted these things on some random flatbeds on a CN train going through Montreal eastbound. They look like some type of road slugs with rear cabs! I've never seen anything like this before. Anyone know the model or railroad that these units belong to?

IMG_1902.JPGIMG_1928.JPGIMG_1933.JPG

Spotted these things on some random flatbeds on a CN train going through Montreal eastbound. They look like some type of road slugs with rear cabs! I've never seen anything like this before. Anyone know the model or railroad that these units belong to?

IMG_1902.JPGIMG_1928.JPGIMG_1933.JPG

EMD export units going to Asia IIRC but I dont get why they would be going through Montreal.

EMD export units going to Asia IIRC but I dont get why they would be going through Montreal.

Did a little search on the net and the red and blue engine is a EMD G26MC-2 for PJKA (Perusahaan Jwatan Kareta Api) in Indonesia!!!!!! WOW... btw, the loco number on that one is CC20504.

I get this one tonight,with 2 more of these locomotives..

Did you take that video? I was at that location too just before that train took off. I was with another railfan taking photos of it when it first arrived in St-Henri.

it was me,I came back later with another friend to get some pics and I get a video when he leaved from the siding,around 8 pm..

haha great! I didn't even know you were on the CPTDB!

--------------

Here's a shot of QGRY SW1500 #1505 at Henri IV yard today. Also, QGRY SW1500 #1500 was sitting at the Port de Quebec in Vieux Quebec.

IMG_2120.JPG

There was a railking unit trying to push about 8 loaded hoppers up the grade at the siding beside the GO Yard in the Union station corridor. He couldn't get it going on the incline so he had to get a front end loader to give a push to get it started.

I didnt know those little things were so powerful. They are so cute too.

GO 559 finished pulling into Oshawa on Monday:

05232011_006_.jpg05232011_007_.jpg

GO 627 taking a break before leaving for Aldershot just before that freak storm that never was.

05232011_022_.jpg

Sh*t as the quality may be, kids doing firework activities across the mainline near Danforth.

05232011_038_.jpg

All are cellphone photos.

Thanks.

Which line are the most commonly seen? I don't see them on Lakeshore any longer. :)

The Lakeshore is mostly 12 car trains now. They can appear on the Richmond Hill, Barrie and probably Stouffville lines, and certain runs on the Lakeshore that use 10-car trains.