Jump to content

NJ TRANSIT (New Jersey Transit)


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, DaTransitMan said:

Fairview: 20843-20849 (Fairview has 7 transit artics for some odd reason)

 

I would hope that Fairview's transit artics get replaced with the suburban ones. There;s no point in them running transit artics aside from increasing the spare factor/converting more trips to articulated buses despite not having enough suburban ones built to accomplish that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They are getting suburban artics.

On 9/2/2019 at 12:49 PM, DCTransitFilms said:

Saw Saddle Rivers MCI D4500CT 18119 along NJ Turnpike near Exit 2. Wonder why it’s all the way down here 🤔

66A5681D-3F85-4E5A-BE12-29A579FF5110.jpeg

Ah ok. I’m guessing they’re in the process of being returned to NJ Transit but idk.

Those buses are sitting at cmf in Ironbound. Njt is looking for a contractor. Greyhound would use Saddle River when they couldn’t handle certain lines, at the time of that pic it most likely in service for greyhound 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BusOp18107 said:

They are getting suburban artics.

Those buses are sitting at cmf in Ironbound. Njt is looking for a contractor. Greyhound would use Saddle River when they couldn’t handle certain lines, at the time of that pic it most likely in service for greyhound 

Never knew that. It also said on CPTDB Wiki that 17064 and 17068 are owned by Matador Tours and the rest are unknown. And 18118 and 18119 are back with NJ Transit I assume. 

 

Imo NJ transit can give 17063-1770 to DeCamp Bus Lines or Coach USA

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MTA-(T)-Train said:

NJ Transit website shows auctioning of only two Neoplans (and 2 damaged NABIs), not twenty.

NABIs are 5612 and 5700 along with Neoplan 9524 and 9534. 

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=171&acctid=6644&fbclid=IwAR3X9-vRkt3tgSIWkjXdgBjedDxIMzRyve4FkWPgv9q1Eccx61uRQtoJUds

https://www.govdeals.com/photos/6644/Attachments/6644_171_0.pdf

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chris.A said:

I hear that NJT wants to start getting rid of those Nabi 4.16 buses. Are they seriously that unreliable to be canning them this early? They are hardly a decade old!

Yes, the nabis haven’t proven to be exactly *quality* buses

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2020 at 6:38 PM, Chris.A said:

I hear that NJT wants to start getting rid of those Nabi 4.16 buses. Are they seriously that unreliable to be canning them this early? They are hardly a decade old!

 

On 6/29/2020 at 7:51 PM, Orion6025 said:

Yes, the nabis haven’t proven to be exactly *quality* buses

 

2 hours ago, RailBus63 said:

The oldest NABI's are 12 years old this year and they get a lot of hard use.

I liked the NABIs but I think on the NYC Transit Forums they mentioned there were problems with the buses especially the south jersey ones 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If anything, go to the 154, 156, 158, or 159 and try out one of the fairview NABIs and it'll be obvious. They've (finally) been fixing them up again but earlier this spring they were looking *really* rough... Now Fairview isn't known for it's amazing maintenance, but those NABIs are not so hot...

In general though, all the NABIs now ride rough... Even the Academy ones which are cared for well are a$$ pounders.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

20081 and 7271 got into an oopsie in Secaucus. 7271 (On the route 139) rear-ended 20081 (On the route 113). 20081 has some rear damage but 7271 doesn't look so good. 20081 got some panels by the exhaust taken off and the engine cover has been pushed in a bit (And of course minor bumper damage). There's a lot going on with 7271's front so I don't really want to to describe it but it seems to have broken through a guardrail... Hopefully the operator got out of 7271 (and 20081) okay; the driver's area of 7271 doesn't look demolished at least..

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

20081 and 7271 got into an oopsie in Secaucus. 7271 (On the route 139) rear-ended 20081 (On the route 113). 20081 has some rear damage but 7271 doesn't look so good. 20081 got some panels by the exhaust taken off and the engine cover has been pushed in a bit (And of course minor bumper damage). There's a lot going on with 7271's front so I don't really want to to describe it but it seems to have broken through a guardrail... Hopefully the operator got out of 7271 (and 20081) okay; the driver's area of 7271 doesn't look demolished at least..

Was about to say 20801

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A&C Bus quietly eliminated route 31 but was forced to reincarnate it after a few days due to pressure from the Jersey City council and lawmakers. 

The problem with route 31 is that the route isn't extended to the Society hill bus stop (only terminating along Danforth Ave and West Side) and they eliminated service to Exchange Place a long time ago when they were doing the Pulaski Skyway rehab project I believe. More people usually ride the NJT 80 and A&C 30 and 32 instead along West Side instead of the 31. Also they ride the light rail going to Newport Mall I assume. I wouldn't be surprised if A&C pulled the plug and eliminate route 31 once and for all.

https://www.newsbreak.com/new-jersey/jersey-city/news/2076980389583/jersey-city-lawmakers-call-on-nj-transit-to-restore-bus-service-cut-due-to-pandemic

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2020 at 6:12 PM, DCTransitFilms said:

Never knew that. It also said on CPTDB Wiki that 17064 and 17068 are owned by Matador Tours and the rest are unknown. And 18118 and 18119 are back with NJ Transit I assume. 

 

Imo NJ transit can give 17063-1770 to DeCamp Bus Lines or Coach USA

Sorry for the old post bump, but is there any additional info on Matador Tours? I've seen an older (2005ish) Prevost LeMirage XL-III operating around Manhattan with a sign that says that it is an NYP shuttle bus. (Also, I saw a van numbered 02 that said the same thing, oddly). Does anyone have any info about Matador?

 

On 6/17/2020 at 6:08 PM, Orion6025 said:

So...where are the 21xxx MCI's going to? IIRC, most garages that have the D4000s can't get 45-footers. Any insight?

Also, I'm assuming NABI Suburban replacement will be NFI XD40 suburbans? Because the transits are almost guaranteed to be NFI after the contract for the XD60s. Also, what will replace the 31-LFWs? Would baby Gilligs do the job, or would NJT buy Alexander Dennis (to keep with NFI Group?) Is any of this known yet?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jova42R said:

Sorry for the old post bump, but is there any additional info on Matador Tours? I've seen an older (2005ish) Prevost LeMirage XL-III operating around Manhattan with a sign that says that it is an NYP shuttle bus. (Also, I saw a van numbered 02 that said the same thing, oddly). Does anyone have any info about Matador?

 

So...where are the 21xxx MCI's going to? IIRC, most garages that have the D4000s can't get 45-footers. Any insight?

Also, I'm assuming NABI Suburban replacement will be NFI XD40 suburbans? Because the transits are almost guaranteed to be NFI after the contract for the XD60s. Also, what will replace the 31-LFWs? Would baby Gilligs do the job, or would NJT buy Alexander Dennis (to keep with NFI Group?) Is any of this known yet?

I heard rumors that 17063-17070 are going back to NJT but I haven't heard much about them really via the NYC Transit Forums. 18119 is back with NJ Transit out of Meadowlands I think. 

Not sure whos getting the 21000s rn maybe NJ transit to replace the remaining 2000-2003 MCIs. Also I assume NJT will get the XD40s since of the XD60s. Maybe NJT will get the XD35s if they get the XD40s to replace the 31-LFWs but still not sure. All ik new orders for NJT are the electric buses, XD60s, and 2021 MCIs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Jova42R said:

21xxx MCI's going to?

Howell, ironbound, meadowlands at least IIRC. I don’t know if south jersey or any contractors are getting more

Only market, oradell and fairview can’t take 45 footers but the rest of the garages that have MCI can/will get d4500CTs

18 hours ago, Jova42R said:

NFI XD40 suburbans

The contract is not awarded but XD40s are likely.

18 hours ago, Jova42R said:

Also, what will replace the 31-LFWs

Not known. Presumably xd35.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...