ocUser

What song is currently stuck in your head?

Not sure if this would count, but I have found myself recently obsessed with national anthems, such as that of Kazakhstan (not the Borat one!). No need to link.

My recent addiction to national anthems (introduced in the "what music" topic) continues with that of Azerbaijan!

http://meneviservetimiz.az/images/stories/audio/Azerbaycan_Himni-Himn.mp3

While Kazakhstan's sounds like a film score, Azerbaijan's sounds like an epic cantata - such as Carmina Burana by Carl Orff.

Weirdly enough, I found myself watching videos of military parades where these and similar anthems were performed.

Katy Perry - I kissed a Girl. 

Went to a party last night and they were singing Karaoke. This was the one song that got the party going. 

Remember Pearl Harbor b/w You Gotta Slap the Dirty Little Jap/Carson Robeson/Bluebird 11411/recorded Dec 1941 and released around Feb 1942:

It's that time of year and as such Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You" has been stuck in my head for the past week and a half and will continue being stuck in my head until new years.  It's not a horrible song, but I've been hearing it on replay since I was a little kid and has honestly made me sick and tired of it.