Coach Canada

Enzo Aquarius

While driving around today, I saw a school bus...but it had 'Coach Canada' signage on it. It still had the School Bus wording and was yellow, but operated by Coach Canada.

Anybody got information on this?

Trentway-Wagar ran school buses IIRC before CC bought over. Coach Canada runs school contract in Durham Region and Peterborough.

Yeah, which means the family owner still using school buses back then.

"Coach Canada" is a Coporate name and holding company for Trentway-Wagar Inc., Century Airline Services Inc. and 38XXX Canada Inc. (what was one known as Connaisseur). CC also held Erie Coach, but that company has folded since. All operating permits are held under Trentway-Wagar for school bus, charter and line-run in Ontario. So the school bus you saw was branded for Coach Canada, but it is operated by Trentway-Wagar.

Uwe

• 2 months later...

I just saw a Coach Canada D4505 bus coming out of STC. Yes; D4505! I was shocked and thought it was a Greyhound bus but it had the Coach Canada logo all over it. It has the old style rear end so it must have been a pre-07 bus. Any idea where it came from and did they buy it new or 2nd hand? I couldn't catch the number.

I just saw a Coach Canada D4505 bus coming out of STC. Yes; D4505! I was shocked and thought it was a Greyhound bus but it had the Coach Canada logo all over it. It has the old style rear end so it must have been a pre-07 bus. Any idea where it came from and did they buy it new or 2nd hand? I couldn't catch the number.

You say it has the older style rear end... So which style are you referring to?

Does anybody know what the two number prefixes indicate on the Coach Canada fleet?

Example, what does the 53 in 53473 mean or the 83 in 83852 mean?

Thanks

Before the Coach USA purchase, Trentway-Wagar used a 4-digit numbering system. At a point in time, you added 33 (may be wrong) to the first two digits of the fleet number to get the purchase year of the vehicle. Customers found out about the system and TWW abandonned the practice.

The fifth number, at the front, was/is used for the following:

5XXXX is Toronto-Montreal linerun equipment.

6XXXX used to be Toronto-New York pool linerun equipment (TWW does not pool its equipment anymore).

After the Coach purchase, 8XXXX was use as the prefix to denote Coach Canada equipment. There is still some equipment running without the 8 prefix (337Xs DL3s and 339X Prevost H3-45s to name a few).

Uwe

Yes, Trentway-Wagar is now part of Coach Canada, which is part of Stage Coach Holdings.

Trentway-Wagar is a subsiduary of Coach Canada (which is essentially a holding company and trademark name). All operating licenses are still under TWW.

Uwe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Board Admin

450_bus.jpg

Ski school students injured in bus accident

Updated: Sun Feb. 22 2009 12:46:58 PM

ctvmontreal.ca

Four people suffered minor injuries after a Coach Canada bus transporting about 50 Rod Roy Snow School students and volunteers turned over Saturday morning, near Magog in the Eastern Townships.

The passengers, mostly teenagers, were on their way to Mont Orford for a day on the slopes.

The eastbound bus was part of a convoy of three other buses carrying Rod Roy Snow School students.

As the driver took exit 115 off Highway 10, the bus skidded off the road and tipped onto its side.

"The first bus lost control, probably because of the ice. It was very slippery," said Sûreté du Québec Sgt. Martine Isabelle.

Everyone inside managed to climb out through the front of the bus and the emergency hatch.

Two teenagers, an adult chaperone and the bus driver suffered minor injuries. They were taken to hospital as a precaution.

Police say the bus will undergo an inspection on Monday to determine if there was any mechanical problem.

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CT...ub=MontrealHome