Sound Transit

1 hour ago, jay8g said:

It's been doing this ever since it was delivered. It's only on the driver's side screen.

All three of them have been doing that since they got put in, I'm wondering if Metro's just choosing not to program that particular sign on them...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the new "crash energy management" cars was spotted in Thunder Bay, ON being prepared for shipment to Seattle.  

Here's a picture I took a couple weeks ago at the Lynnwood Transit Center of a 2004 D60LF.

the area around the front sign on ST's new Enviro500s is painted white, instead of the black the older E500s had

Posted Images

Its an odd-ball sign set up in the Metro fleet. I wonder if they don't have a specific sign program for that sign set-up. However, I have seen photos/video of one of the Gilligs displaying 542 REDMOND on the side sign correctly.

They may have uploaded the wrong programming at the shake-up change in June.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Blue Bus Fan said:

I think that they should do this for ever day to help increase capacity for UW when it is in session. 

That's something like 240 weekdays a year.  If you take the numbers from the post that's an additional 4 cars/day.  Does ridership justify it at this point?

Sound Transit has posted the schedule for the mid-day Sounder south line trip.

Trains will run the entire line between Seattle and Lakewood. Departs Lakewood 10:18am, arrives Seattle 11:31am and departs Seattle 2:32pm, arrives Lakewood 3:45pm.

Will use a two-car trainset now, and will increase to a seven car trainset when nine new Sounder coaches arrive early next year (which seems like overkill, but likely will give ST operational flexibility with the rest of the south line trainsets).

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, northwesterner said:

I think it needs substantially more vertical stanchions...

I agree with this statement because it would increase capacity. I don't think they have a final design yet for the interior, if they do a public survive submit wat you said here about vertical stanchions.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 19adam99 said:

Something else interesting about the "new" ST Roster, it shows 9200K, the single DE40LF from 2003, staying in service 'til 2019. Hope it stays that way.

The SIP roster has never been terribly accurate, its more of a planning tool used to estimate fleet and type size for the coming years. It does show the loss of the MCI that burned up in October of last year, but it also shows no 8000s in service this year and yet they all go out just about every day. its also showed vehicles that were retired still being on the "roster" for a couple of years longer, the 2000 New Flyer D60LFs come to mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Maintaining current parking and a slight increase is probably enough to satisfy local demand for all of one day. The park-and-rides in Snohomish County are massively popular and fill up by 7 am (or earlier) every morning.

At least the garage at Lynnwood is stuck in a relatively undesirable area (between the station and freeway) and effectively creates a sound wall from day one. NE 145th, on the other hand...

• Like 1