Sound Transit

transit boy

Some of them have plates, and the ones that did, were in random order it seemed. Heres one shot of them at EVR, theres more shots in that set.

Looks like Everett Transit is doing atleast the Post Delivery Inspection work for Sound Transit/Community Transit. They have to have plates to drive them legally on the streets to get to and from their storage area.

They have to have plates to drive them legally on the streets to get to and from their storage area.

Actually, they don't. Much like when you buy a new car, you get a temp registration until your plates arrive. These are driven across the country with no plates, so a temporary registration is (obviously) in hand before they hit the road.

Actually, they don't. Much like when you buy a new car, you get a temp registration until your plates arrive. These are driven across the country with no plates, so a temporary registration is (obviously) in hand before they hit the road.

Its been my observation that when a coach is delivered they usually either come with an x day travel permit from the origonating state; or the delivery company has some form of dealers or transit plate for the coach. They are delivered to the transit company unregistered and unplated; and from there the transit company obtains the proper documentation and plates for the vehicle. I think transit companies get a bit more leeway for running coaches with out plates in non revenue service on public roads (such as inbetween storage and service areas) than a private company would. If you move it on the public road it should be plated, registered, and insured with documentation to back it up, but i do know of some very short distances on public roads new caoches have gone without atleast being plated.

According to Wiki, 9566 and up have been in service

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_Transit#cite_note-M2011-05sr-18)

Is it true?

The person that added that has never done anything on Wikipedia before and hasn't been seen since. They messed up the table too, adding information inconsistent with the rest of the table.

New fleet management info:

capture1303678900.png

(PDF, page 120)

11500-11520 should be renumbered as 9566-9687(?), shouldn't they?

One more thing, I see that there is nothing in the column in 2011 for 9500-9524.

Does it mean that they are replaced by the first batch of D60LFRs or the second batch?

I remember reading somewhere that Sound Transit was going with a numbering scheme which would be based on the year and model of the coach. Are the buses in question now in service?

Every SIP that I've read has used the two digit year, one digit "series type", two digit delivery order, i.e. 12503 for the fourth D60LF® delivered in 2012. So far, no coach has actually been numbered this way--they've been 9, series type, sequential number.

That's one way to extradite the retirement of the '99 Gilligs. Community Transit just had one of their's involved in a wreck that wreaked havoc too. It was also a 1999 coach, NF D40LF.

I am very happy to hear that everybody is okay. That is one of those things that is in the back of my mind when going down I-5 on the bus. It's not the bus driver I do not trust, it's that person next to the bus that I don't trust.

• 3 weeks later...