Welcome to the updated CPTDB!

If you prefer an older theme, you can change it back by scrolling to the very bottom and clicking on "Theme" on the bottom right. However, you can also change the background color/image by clicking on the "photo icon" in the black bar with your username at the top of the page.

Click the X on the top right of this box to dismiss this message.

Goldeneye

Which TTC route branches do you think should turn into a new route themselves?

7 hours ago, Downsview 108 said:

What about the two schools down there? One junior high and a high school? There also really is no reason for there to be all day regular service on beechgrove/coronation/manse. 

The 52G passes through 1 high school and 2 junior school, yet they cut back service from 5-7 min to 13-14 min. If they need to get kids out of there, they can just fill it with school runs. 116's that start and end at the schools.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MK78 said:

There are a number of businesses there, industrial & commercial, I reckon thats why there's a route there at all.

That's one of the reasons, but the major businesses operate with shift workers so specific trips get the majority of the passengers along Coronation. I'd argue that most of the ridership is from the residential sections along the loop (along Beechgrove, Manse and even Lawrence).

6 hours ago, Downsview 108 said:

"all day regular service". I didn't include rush hours for a reason. Those buses are empty all other times which is why they cut the service back to 7 or 8 pm after they tried running it into the late evening a few years ago.

The last eastbound trip is at 7:02pm from Kennedy, the same bus does the last westbound trip back to Kennedy Station at 7:35pm from Coronation & Wallsend.

It's almost been a decade since the service was cut back in 2011. I agreed with Saturday service being cut back to 7pm and no late evening service. However, I believe that it should have Sunday/Holiday service until 7pm as well as Weekday early evening service until 10pm. There are still people who are coming home from work during the 7 and 8 o'clock hour who are forced to take 86/116/905/SRT, transfer to 54A and then walk down from Lawrence. When I used to take 86D during early evening service before the cuts there would be on average 8-10 riders on it once we past Morningside & Lawrence. I believe the cut backs were done to routes that had less than 15 riders per hour.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wil9402 said:

That's one of the reasons, but the major businesses operate with shift workers so specific trips get the majority of the passengers along Coronation. I'd argue that most of the ridership is from the residential sections along the loop (along Beechgrove, Manse and even Lawrence).

The last eastbound trip is at 7:02pm from Kennedy, the same bus does the last westbound trip back to Kennedy Station at 7:35pm from Coronation & Wallsend.

It's almost been a decade since the service was cut back in 2011. I agreed with Saturday service being cut back to 7pm and no late evening service. However, I believe that it should have Sunday/Holiday service until 7pm as well as Weekday early evening service until 10pm. There are still people who are coming home from work during the 7 and 8 o'clock hour who are forced to take 86/116/905/SRT, transfer to 54A and then walk down from Lawrence. When I used to take 86D during early evening service before the cuts there would be on average 8-10 riders on it once we past Morningside & Lawrence. I believe the cut backs were done to routes that had less than 15 riders per hour.

Damn it was that long ago. I agree with the sunday/holiday service and esp. extending weekday hours. But to be honest, the most used stops (I believe) are the one at the corner of Beechgrove and Coronation for the plant there, Wallsend and maybe the few stops on Manse and usually during rush hours. Other times it's usually an empty bus rounding the loop and I've lived in the area for nearly 30 years.

I know this is not TTC, but I couldn't find another place to put it. I think that YRT's route 40 should be split into 40 W. Unionville to Markville Mall/Unionville GO and 39 E. Unionville to Woodbine Avenue/Unionville GO. Do you think this is a good idea? 

On 5/9/2019 at 12:57 PM, TheAverageJoe said:

110B should be new route named Horner

You may not have come across it, but there once was the 38 HORNER which ran from 1972-1989.  Without the bridge at the CN Yard which opened in 1979, it essentially was the Islington South service.

I assume if we went back to the HORNER route name the 110A would go with it?  The 38 has been reassigned to the HIGHLAND CREEK route, so it'll need a new number

22 minutes ago, Gil said:

You may not have come across it, but there once was the 38 HORNER which ran from 1972-1989.  Without the bridge at the CN Yard which opened in 1979, it essentially was the Islington South service.

I assume if we went back to the HORNER route name the 110A would go with it?  The 38 has been reassigned to the HIGHLAND CREEK route, so it'll need a new number

The 110B would also become a HORNER I would think.

The history of transit south of The Queensway is an interesting one, with vairous routes taking turns running to Long Branch loop. (Check out 80 QUEENSWAY which once had a branch on Bellman/Valermo!)

I don't think the current setup of routes is very good. I'm waiting to see how the Junction rethink turns out before pushing the TTC to do a similar rethink for south Etobicoke.

I think the 30B Lambton should be given a new route name and number south of High Park Station, even if it remains interlined with the 30. I don't think there are that many people going from the 30 west of High Park Ave. into High Park.

Maybe not strictly on topic, but 95 YORK MILLS should have ELLESMERE added, because at least 2/3 of that route is actually on Ellesmere. Possible exception for the 95C Ellesmere Station branch which ends at the woefully-underused Ellesmere Station - least used of any on the whole TTC system, trailing only Bessarion.