ABQ RIDE

ABQ RIDE

Looks like ABQ RIDE bus #747 has been totaled:

http://www.abqjournal.com/520498/news/bus-vehicle-wreck-closes-central-at-unser.html

That damage looks irreparable. Far worse than the previous crash that Rapid Ride #6412 went through.

Its really hard to tell at that angle. Would have to see better pics to see if it can be repaired. Again I see stuff damaged worse then that repaired and stuff with less damage retired.

Its really hard to tell at that angle. Would have to see better pics to see if it can be repaired. Again I see stuff damaged worse then that repaired and stuff with less damage retired.

The article says it has been totaled, so I presume it means the damage is irreparable.

Hard to trust the media with a grain of salt.

To be fair just by looking at that image, that bus has to be totaled. The damage looks pretty bad and I bet it'll be too much to repair, even if it was repairable. By the way, what year is that bus from anyways ? Cause if the bus pretty new, ABQ Ride could willing to repair it if the damage is reasonable.

Another ABQ ride crash with a plumbers van running a red light and slamming into the front left corner of the bus sending it into a home:

http://www.abqjournal.com/523050/news/city-bus-crash-closes-northbound-girard-at-coal.html

I hope the people in this accident and in the other one are alright, as both accidents look very bad. Is their any pictures of the front of that bus ? I can't really find any pictures after doing some searching.

Since the second bus was one of the new 2014 XN40s, it is probably still under warranty. Not sure if it will be covered, however, the bus driver was not at fault.

The first bus (the DE40LFR) is a 2007 model.

Since the second bus was one of the new 2014 XN40s, it is probably still under warranty. Not sure if it will be covered, however, the bus driver was not at fault.

The first bus (the DE40LFR) is a 2007 model.

Warranties do not cover accidents. Insurance would cover accidents.

A little fleet update, ABQ RIDE currently has 17 300-series Neoplans still in service. ABQ RIDE plans on keeping 10 of them primarily for the 40-D Ride and 250-Nonstop Airport Express. Not sure why the 250 needs them, however, the reason for keeping the Neoplans on the 40 is due to their narrower turning radius than the New Flyer DE40LFRs (700/900-series) and XN40s (600-series).

As for the 250 it is a bit surprising ABQ RIDE would still use the Neoplans on that route, considering that they may give a poor impression of ABQ RIDE (as well as the City of Albuquerque in general) to visitors who are coming from the airport.

As for what will replace the rest of the Neoplans on other routes, it was reported that ABQ RIDE was interested in buying 25 more 40-foot CNG buses. More XN40s is a possibility, as well as the Nova LFS CNG (which ABQ RIDE tested a demo of) and the Gillig LF/BRT CNG.

According to recent insider information, ABQ RIDE is getting serious about starting a fourth Rapid Ride route on San Mateo. This information apparently came from a supervisor at the Yale Transit Facility. The route is tentatively known as the Orange Line, and will help alleviate overcrowding on Routes 140 and 141. Since this route will apparently be out of Yale, we may perhaps see ABQ RIDE order some New Flyer XN60s.

I wonder though if this route will start before or after the planned Central Avenue BRT. If/when the BRT route starts ABQ RIDE can reallocate its existing Rapid Ride fleet to other corridors, such as a Montgomery/Carlisle Rapid Ride (which could either be the Purple Line or the Pink Line). However, note that the 6400-series Rapid Ride buses will be eligible for replacement next year, and perhaps ABQ RIDE is waiting for that opportunity to order new buses for the BRT route.

Has abq ride decided to order more XN40's or the LFS CNG. Also the LFS has a better turning radius than the XD40/XN40 buses.

As far as I know ABQ RIDE has not placed an order yet. I presume that any new buses for the D-Ride would be 30-foot or 35-foot buses, as 40-foot buses aren't really necessary for the route; the Neoplans currently on the route are probably just a stopgap until ABQ RIDE buys more smaller buses. As to replace the rest of the Neoplans on local routes we could see the XN40, Nova LFS CNG, the Gillig Low Floor/BRT CNG, or even the ElDorado Axess CNG.

As far as I know ABQ RIDE has not placed an order yet. I presume that any new buses for the D-Ride would be 30-foot or 35-foot buses, as 40-foot buses aren't really necessary for the route; the Neoplans currently on the route are probably just a stopgap until ABQ RIDE buys more smaller buses. As to replace the rest of the Neoplans on local routes we could see the XN40, Nova LFS CNG, the Gillig Low Floor/BRT CNG, or even the ElDorado Axess CNG.

Anyways the NFI MiDi bus can be used. Also my city has the 26 from 52 as the RTS fleet is getting mothballed and currently has 153 LFS artic buses from 2013/2014 and first artic bus since my city retired the OBI/Ikarus 286/III buses in 2003.

Anyways the NFI MiDi bus can be used. Also my city has the 26 from 52 as the RTS fleet is getting mothballed and currently has 153 LFS artic buses from 2013/2014 and first artic bus since my city retired the OBI/Ikarus 286/III buses in 2003.

Since the MiDi has Dennis origins, I would think ABQ RIDE would be hesitant to buy some, considering the bad experience ABQ RIDE has had with the Thomas/Dennis SLF fleet. I would think (if 30-foot buses are ordered) that either the Gillig LF/BRT or ElDorado EZ Rider II MAX/BRT would be more likely.

From a recent rumor that I heard, this summer ABQ RIDE will be closing the Yale Transit Facility for renovation.

If true, I wonder where will the CNG buses (300-series Neoplan AN440 and 600-series New Flyer XN40s) be fueled. The Daytona Transit Facility on the Westside is not equipped with CNG. Perhaps there will be an increased utilization of the 900-series New Flyer DE40LFRs, which can be fueled at Daytona, but I am not sure if the 700s and 900s will be enough to cover all routes.

There are only two public CNG fueling stations in Albuquerque, one at the University of New Mexico and one by the Albuquerque International Sunport, both of which are quite far from the Daytona Transit Facility.

Just got my answer to the previous post. While the Yale Transit Facility will be closed for renovations, there will still be some limited operations out of the facility, mainly for commuter routes, the 1 Juan Tabo route, and the 140/141 San Mateo routes. As expected, the 900-series New Flyer DE40LFRs will be moved to the Daytona Transit Facility and will have increased utilization.

According to some insider information, the Neoplans are planned to remain in service for one more year. Five of them will continue to operate the 40 D-Ride and 250 Nonstop Airport Express.

Here on the ABQ RIDE website:

http://www.cabq.gov/transit/news/abq-ride2019s-new-sun-vans-an-upgrade-in-looks-and-comfort

ABQ RIDE has just received the first of its new SunVan cutaway vans. I wonder, what model is this?

Also, from what I heard, ABQ RIDE has decided that the 900-series buses (2009 New Flyer DE40LFRs) will now be permanently assigned to the Daytona Transit Facility. This move was initially supposed to be temporary until the renovations were complete at the Yale Transit Facility, however, it looks like they will now remain at Daytona, leaving Yale only with the 300-series buses (1996 Neoplan AN440 CNGs) and the 600-series buses (2014 New Flyer XN40s).

Looks like New Flyer wins again:

http://www.newflyer.com/index/news-app/story.229

20 firm orders for additional XN40 buses (to replace the remaining Neoplans), as well as 63 options.

BTW, Bus 617 which was involved in an accident last year actually was not a complete write-off (unlike 747), and is currently being repaired.

According to this article:

http://www.cabq.gov/transit/news/abq-ride-testing-electric-buses-for-technology-considerations

ABQ RIDE will be testing a 40-foot BYD electric bus on the 40-D-Ride and a 60-foot BYD articulated electric bus on the 766-Rapid Ride Red Line.

Perhaps 40-foot BYDs could be replacing the last remaining Neoplans on the D-Ride.

According to this article:

http://www.cabq.gov/transit/news/abq-ride-testing-electric-buses-for-technology-considerations

ABQ RIDE will be testing a 40-foot BYD electric bus on the 40-D-Ride and a 60-foot BYD articulated electric bus on the 766-Rapid Ride Red Line.

Perhaps 40-foot BYDs could be replacing the last remaining Neoplans on the D-Ride.

Have fun with that artic BYD. It was a lemon when it was demoing on LAMTA broken down more then it was running.

According to some insider information, the Neoplans are planned to remain in service for one more year. Five of them will continue to operate the 40 D-Ride and 250 Nonstop Airport Express.

19 of them are advertised on publicsurplus.com

FYI, the new XN40s (buses 622-641) have all been delivered and are entering service as they get some additional equipment installed.

Also, I heard that ABQ RIDE has been running a few XN40s on the D-Ride, despite statements that the FTA required ABQ RIDE to keep at least two Neoplans in service for the route. Perhaps these might be trial runs to see how well they perform on the route once the time comes to retire the last of the Neoplans.

FYI, there are rumors going on that ABQ RIDE is considering contracting out some of its routes to focus on the ART. Routes that ABQ RIDE is considering to contract out are either lower ridership routes (such as the 1-Juan Tabo, 2-Eubank, 31-Wyoming, or 40-D Ride), or all commuter routes.

I just learned that ABQ RIDE has recently re-engined bus #333 (engine model currently unknown).  It is believed that this bus may be retained as a historic bus.