Grand River Transit

Transit 20

Not everyone has all the time in the world to go searching for information like in council minutes which can be hundreds of pages to go through. Also google does not always show this information as well in their seach functions and city websites search functions tend to be very unreliable as well.  Google is not always the answer in every case.

So i appreciate you posting the information.

@Transit 20 @Byfold

Anyone can post anything so long as its on topic. I am not going to go back pages and pages of dialogue to see what has and hasn’t been posted here in the past, as I have better things to do with my time. If something was previously posted, be respectful in responding that its “old news”. 

Lets get back to a meaningful discussion. 

Thanks

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Transit 20 said:
  • regional Council approved,
  •  
  • $3,681,476.00 to Nova Bus Canada Inc. for the procurement of four (4) hybrid transit buses
  • these are the only hybrids being order due to budget cuts because of Covid 19.

Can you please post a link to where you found that info.  Thx

• 1 month later...

here is a small update from GRT Land.

26xx they are being retired they should be gone when the rest of the 2020 enter service.

2020 are slowly entering service currently 11 have enter service.

Premanent shields are being installed on the new flyers and new novas.

new radios are currently being installed into buses from 27xx and up the 26xx will not get these.

once all the buses are done they scanner online wont be up.

21904 and 21912 are still off the road no idea when they will return.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Transit 20 said:

this change hasnt been approved  by regional council and wont be until the budget is approved no new buses have come in only new units that are in are the 2021 supervisor units.

yes folks im back.

51520317885_97b1cf3ddf_c.jpg

You and I both know Regional Council will approve the budget. Route 27 and route 28 should be 30 footers. Both have low ridership.

Has anyone seen this?   Good video but far too much "just ask the Operator" No mention of trip planning with any Apps or the need to know where your going before the bus shows up. Oh, and please ask fopr the ramp or bus to be lowered or the Operator wont know of your need.

• 3 weeks later...