Transit 20

Grand River Transit

18 hours ago, TRENT_TRANSIT_SYSTEM said:

And lack of 🔥

GRT 15's are 👌

Can you word this for someone who doesn't speak in emojis? Like....perhaps...normal people who post here?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

well new flyer didnt win the contract for the next 5 years nova will be making a return in 2019 19 buses next year with a total of 125 over 5 years with Aritc buses and Hybrids this is from many contacts at GRT.

9 hours ago, Transit 20 said:

well new flyer didnt win the contract for the next 5 years nova will be making a return in 2019 19 buses next year with a total of 125 over 5 years with Aritc buses and Hybrids this is from many contacts at GRT.

Is there a PDF file i can acquire to see the bid winner?

(Bump, I apologize) 2200 is scrapped at Langille's Scrap and Cores.

nova returns to GRT land this year 27 buses total 21901-21927.

• $6,744,000 to Nova Bus, a division of Volvo Group Canada Inc. for 12 replacement transit coaches and name Nova Bus the vendor of record for all transit coaches for a five year period.

When ION launches rt. 2 will end at 7pm due to low ridership and rt. 27 trips past 9:30pm will be discontinued due to low ridership. 

Did see that coming lol. The 2 shouldn't exist, it doesn't have ridership neither does the 27. Both routes should be combined with anther route that actually has ridership. 

44 minutes ago, Orion V said:

When ION launches, does the LRT + Ion Bus replace the current iXpress route 200 in its entirety?

Yes.

• Thanks 1

Oh, random note in case people didn't notice already but you can get the shiny new EasyGO Farecards now, even though they gave a release date of March 1. I was surprised I was able to get one last Thursday at Charles terminal

Breaking news.LRT Starts June 21 10.30 am free service on LRT and GRT buses for the first 10 days of service regional Council just made it public tonight.

• Like 6

This guy apparently spotted one of our Hybrids in Grimsby - 60322332_10212739570838053_5990159551649 

Any idea what it's doing there? Getting decommissioned? 🤔

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jason L said:

This guy apparently spotted one of our Hybrids in Grimsby - 60322332_10212739570838053_5990159551649 

Any idea what it's doing there? Getting decommissioned? 🤔

Question is why is it tipped over like that?

With GRT paperless how do visitors ride the system? Is this the dilemma TTC will have for day passes in the post-paper pass era?

day passes and tickets are now loaded on to the fare cards when you tap the transfer is loaded onto the fare card when you tp the card on the far box it will tell you how much time you have 

and it will also show you how much money you have on your fare card.

On 7/1/2019 at 11:55 PM, soo8513 said:

so not visitor friendly 

It is visitor friendly, as long as you do a little bit of research before you go. I don't know about you but if I go anywhere that I plan on taking transit I look up the different and valid fares, some routes I may need and other stuff that I may need on my trip.

All it takes is a little forethought.