Grand River Transit

lol

Weekday rush hour busplus service to the middle of nowhere. I can see this taking off.

It won't be for long. As looking at the ridership between New Hamburg-Baden-The Boardwalk, expect peak hour to be a year then it will take off and have a schedule like the 21 and not a bus plus but a full conventional 40 foot bus.

lolwtf

Sir, the 21 serves more significant destinations yet struggled to meet minimum ridership targets. It also was served by a conventional bus and had midday and Saturday service at launch. Maybe you should start riding the bus more and see what's going on.

It won't be for long.

Yup, that's what they said about route 19 in 2002, route 23 in 2004, and route 33 in 2008.

lolwtf

Sir, the 21 serves more significant destinations yet struggled to meet minimum ridership targets. It also was served by a conventional bus and had midday and Saturday service at launch. Maybe you should start riding the bus more and see what's going on.

Yup, that's what they said about route 19 in 2002, route 23 in 2004, and route 33 in 2008.

Sir, let me clarify something for you

19 Victoria Sth. - very limited ridership, thus route 20 will be replacing it

23 Idlewood - Since the 23 is now been extended to Fairview Park mall, its one of the busier runs in the Stanley Park neighbourhood and the Lackner Woods, Sims Estate areas.

33 Huron - since the 26 and 33 have merged into one since 2009, the 33 has enough ridership to be given day, evening and weekend service and modified into the subdivisions beyond Fischer-Hallman.

2281, you are a poser. You probably have never had a bus ride in your life. Watch what you post.

Also 2281, I've been riding GRT since 2006, I know what ridership they are looking for, I know the future hubs and routes that have been planned, you sir need to ride the bus and not drive your car.

19 Victoria Sth. - very limited ridership, thus route 20 will be replacing it

Route 19/20 are being modified to simplify service along Victoria South.

23 Idlewood - Since the 23 is now been extended to Fairview Park mall, its one of the busier runs in the Stanley Park neighbourhood.

Route 1 and 15 want to have a word with you.

33 Huron - since the 26 and 33 have merged into one since 2009, the 33 has enough ridership to be given day, evening and weekend service and modified into the subdivisions beyond Fischer-Hallman.

In response to inquiries on their FB, GRT had stated that ridership in the Huron Village has been poor. My observations indicate the same thing.

2281, you are a poser. You probably have never had a bus ride in your life. Watch what you post.

I have been a regular GRT customer for several years and have been following developments closely since. I think I know what I'm talking about. Quit sucking GRT's dick.

Route 19/20 are being modified to simplify service along Victoria South.

Route 1 and 15 want to have a word with you.

In response to inquiries on their FB, GRT had stated that ridership in the Huron Village has been poor. My observations indicate the same thing.

I have been a regular GRT customer for several years and have been following developments closely since. I think I know what I'm talking about. Quit sucking GRT's dick.

The 1 needed a change, the 15 is getting a nice change

Huron village needs more service, the planners even said the 33 needs more service to the Huron Village, you have not been riding on the 33,

You sir clearly have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

The 1 needed a change, the 15 is getting a nice change

Huron village needs more service, the planners even said the 33 needs more service to the Huron Village, you have not been riding on the 33,

You sir clearly have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

Route 23 needs a change too. I don't see how this makes a difference...

As for route 33, it sure needs more service to the Huron Village, but does the Huron Village have the ridership to sustain it? Nope.

As for your edit on the previous page, I don't own a car.

Route 23 needs a change? I don't see how this makes a difference...

As for route 33, it sure needs more service to the Huron Village, but does the Huron Villag have the ridership to sustain it? Nope.

As for your edit on the previous page, I don't own a car.

23 is being modified off of Lackner Blvd into the Zeller Drive (Lackner Woods) neighbourhood.

Route 33 is being modified in 2016 to service beyond the Huron Village, out to the new subdivisions past Fischer-Hallman to boost ridership.

Should I even start about the Ayr route that's in the works too?

23 is being modified off of Lackner Blvd into the Zeller Drive (Lackner Woods) neighbourhood.

So? Route 1 and 15 serve a well established neighborhoods with a well established ridership market (?)

Route 33 is being modified in 2016 to service beyond the Huron Village, out to the new subdivisions past Fischer-Hallman to boost ridership.

If you think the small Mattamy Homes development across the street is suddenly going to turn things around, you're delusional.

Should I even start about the Ayr route that's in the works too?

Ouch. Another failure in the making.

So? Route 1 and 15 serve a well established neighborhoods with a well established ridership market (?)

If you think the small Mattamy Homes development across the street is suddenly going to turn things around, you're delusional.

Ouch. Another failure in the making.

Route 1 did have a good ridership, but both branches are hourly, and since the 20 is supposed to replace the Lorraine section of that it would make things better

Roue 15 going out to bingemans would be for the best as there is currently nothing out there and it was long overdue

Route 33, there are A LOT of people in that neighbourhood that only depend on GRT as for the Ayr route in the works, why is it a failure, I always wondered why we don't have one, I'd rather bus to Ayr to visit family and friends out there.

Route 1 did have a good ridership, but both branches are hourly, and since the 20 is supposed to replace the Lorraine section of that it would make things better

Did have?

Roue 15 going out to bingemans would be for the best as there is currently nothing out there and it was long overdue

Route 204 is going out there too...

Route 33, there are A LOT of people in that neighbourhood that only depend on GRT

You are ignorant. I challenge you to ride route 33 and observe how well used it is in the Huron Village.

as for the Ayr route in the works, why is it a failure, I always wondered why we don't have one, I'd rather bus to Ayr to visit family and friends out there.

Visit family and friends during rush hours only?

Did have?

Route 204 is going out there too...

You are ignorant. I challenge you to ride route 33 and observe how well used it is in the Huron Village.

Visit family and friends during rush hours only?

It does, 204 Victoria / Lackner, have a nice walk, no I am not, I am speaking from what the head planner and from what GRT drivers tell me. Peak only for i'd say four months until 40 footer with midday, evening and weekend.

It does, 204 Victoria / Lackner, have a nice walk

At the end of the day, that area has limited destinations, definitely not enough to sustain a regular bus route.

no I am not, I am speaking from what the head planner and from what GRT drivers tell me.

That just goes to show how much Planning knows what really happens on the street, :lol:

Peak only for i'd say four months until 40 footer with midday, evening and weekend.

Kind of like route 21, oh wait...

Sir, what they know and what I know is that the ridership thresh hold on route 33 during the AM and PM peak periods for the 33 is more and more people see it and are using it. Sensors are in the front and backdoors to count the number of people that board on and off.

The 21 needs more service, its getting busier and busier

and the 15 and 204 will be used, heavily.

Sir, what they know and what I know is that the ridership thresh hold on route 33 during the AM and PM peak periods for the 33 is more and more people see it and are using it.

That's because the bulk of the ridership is to and from the Huron Business Park, not the Huron Village, derp.

The 21 needs more service, its getting busier and busier

Your fanboyism now warrants ridership numbers to back up this claim.

204? Maybe

15? In your dreams.

Sir, you really need to stay out and not head home after 12pm, then maybe you would understand how busy the routes are. I have taken a ride on the 6:30am 15 extension trip, its very very busy, the 15 will get slammed on day 1

I am well aware how busy some routes are. Keyword: some.

As if I'm supposed to take you seriously. After all, you are the same one who tried to tell me that 8 Courtland needs articulated buses because "it's overcrowded". SMFH...

You really don't know how busy the routes are. I know that all the routes need changing, and they will get busier. I know that all the routes are busy, and that sir is a fact.

Not only is this false, this completely contradicts what you said about route 19 earlier.