Grand River Transit

Transit 20

March Public Consultation Centres

February 15, 2013

The nextround of Public Consultation Centres on the proposed 2013 Transit Service Improvement Plan will be held in March on the following dates:

Monday, March 18

12 p.m. to 4 p.m.

University of Waterloo

Student Life Centre, Great Hall

200 University Ave. W., Waterloo

Tuesday, March 19

4 p.m. to 8 p.m.

Kitchener Waterloo Bilingual School, Gymnasium

600 Erb St. W., Waterloo

Thursday, March 21

4 p.m. to 8 p.m.

Waterloo Mennonite Brethren Church, Chapel

245 Lexington Rd., Waterloo

Friday, March 22

12 p.m. to 4 p.m.

Wilfrid Laurier University

Fred Nichols Campus Centre, Concourse

75 University Ave. W., Waterloo

A Public Consultation Centre on fare options will also be held:

Tuesday, March 26

4 p.m. – 8 p.m.

Regional Headquarters

150 Frederick, Lobby

At :19 thru :29 you can clearly see the driver of the second bus just standing around watching all of this, and obviously thinking it's a joke too. Why would they not step up and tell everyone to keep away as the bus was attempting to reverse?

As for the so called "supervisor", (aka "white shirt wannabe") at :40, well you don't see his direction either in having everyone keep back.

This whole thing "could have" ended with very tragic circumstances!

You can forward it to everyone from Customer Service, to Eric Gillispie himself. Nothing will happen to anyone... unless the 6:00 news decides to show it... or GRT's favorite Columnist Mr Outhitt lol

All I can say is that when I do ride GRT, it was a choice by parking at 401/Hespeler or at Sportsworld. I do not wish to ride a transit service that hires operators who can threaten my safety like this. Not to mention yesterday I went to Waterloo Region and my iXpress driver was talking on her cell phone.

You can forward it to everyone from Customer Service, to Eric Gillispie himself. Nothing will happen to anyone... unless the 6:00 news decides to show it... or GRT's favorite Columnist Mr Outhitt lol

I do not wish to ride a transit service that hires operators who can threaten my safety like this. Not to mention yesterday I went to Waterloo Region and my iXpress driver was talking on her cell phone.

Maybe "you" should let Eric know what was going on?

All I can say is that when I do ride GRT, it was a choice by parking at 401/Hespeler or at Sportsworld. I do not wish to ride a transit service that hires operators who can threaten my safety like this. Not to mention yesterday I went to Waterloo Region and my iXpress driver was talking on her cell phone.

Was she driving at the time? If not, then it doesn't matter.

Proposed 2013 service improvements: http://www.regionofw...PA2013-0226.pdf (starting page 89)

• 5: Uptown Waterloo - The Boardwalk via Westvale (or via Thorndale)
  • 6: Uptown Waterloo - Bridgeport
  • 12: Conestoga Mall - Fairview Park via Weber-Lincoln (or Weber-Marshall-Lincoln)
  • 13: UW - The Boardwalk via Laurelcreek Village
  • 31: Conestoga Mall - Columbia/Wilmot Line via Eastbridge + Saturday Service
  • 35: Conestoga Mall - Charles St. Terminal via Bridge-Lancaster-Wellington + Sunday Service
  • 201: RIM - Forest Glen
  • 202: RIM - The Boardwalk via University Ave East

Proposed 202 iXpress University stops:

• The Boardwalk Terminal
  • Ira Needles / Thorndale
  • Ira Needles / Erb
  • Erb / Fischer-Hallman
  • Erb / Amos
  • Erb / Westmount
  • University / Seagram
  • University / Phillip
  • Laurier
  • University / Weber
  • University / Marsland
  • University / Lincoln
  • University / Bridge
  • University / Pastern
  • University / Auburn
  • University / Lexington
  • University / New Bedford
  • University / R.I.M. Park
  • University / R.I.M.

Proposed 201 iXpress extension stops:

• Columbia / Hazel
  • King / Columbia
  • King / Weber
  • King / Manulife
  • Conestoga Mall Terminal
  • Northfield / Bridge
  • University / R.I.M.

Also 201 and 202 will probably be interlined.

The 35 from Con. Mall to the CST is the closest this to Sunday Service Bridgeport will see till 2016. Unfortunate really, it could have been different, But the new expansion is quite exciting. And if the bridge over Block Line gets finished there is a chance the 201 will be extended to Fairview Park Mall to assist with overload issues on the 12.

More Sunday service, more junior guys working Sundays. Sucks to be them, but indeed that is how it should be, if the service has to be there.

Argue all you want about "that's part of the job" etc etc, but I still remember before Sunday shopping came it and we had 12 buses out on a Sunday (five Mainline, four Loops, 2 Queen South/Stanley Park, and 1 Country Hills. Victoria Hills and Lincoln/Lakeshore came later.

People should ride bikes on Sunday.

IMHO I think that GRT should be running the "Saturday" schedule "on Sunday", as well. Then use the existing "Sunday" schedules for "Stautory Holidays"!

They seem to still have their heads buried in the ground regarding Sunday service. (Yes, I know all about budgetting, and having Regional Council "approve" any "expansion", which obviously this would be regarding Sunday's) This isn't the '70's, when "nothing" was open on Sunday, except your "house of worship"! This is the new millenium where Sunday shopping is just an extension of Monday - Saturday. Get with it GRT! People have jobs working in stores and shopping centers now on Sunday, and have almost no way of getting there, depending on where they live.

The best way, and easiest way to fix it .............. run the Saturday service on Sunday as well.

IMHO I think that GRT should be running the "Saturday" schedule "on Sunday", as well. Then use the existing "Sunday" schedules for "Stautory Holidays"!

They seem to still have their heads buried in the ground regarding Sunday service. (Yes, I know all about budgetting, and having Regional Council "approve" any "expansion", which obviously this would be regarding Sunday's) This isn't the '70's, when "nothing" was open on Sunday, except your "house of worship"! This is the new millenium where Sunday shopping is just an extension of Monday - Saturday. Get with it GRT! People have jobs working in stores and shopping centers now on Sunday, and have almost no way of getting there, depending on where they live.

The best way, and easiest way to fix it .............. run the Saturday service on Sunday as well.

Agreed!

Maybe "you" should let Eric know what was going on?

Well, from what I heard today, Eric does have a copy of this video. Will anything happen? Personally, I doubt it, after 3 weeks of inactivity on it.

Proposed 2013 service improvements: http://www.regionofw...PA2013-0226.pdf (starting page 89)

• 5: Uptown Waterloo - The Boardwalk via Westvale (or via Thorndale)

• 6: Uptown Waterloo - Bridgeport

• 12: Conestoga Mall - Fairview Park via Weber-Lincoln (or Weber-Marshall-Lincoln)

• 13: UW - The Boardwalk via Laurelcreek Village

• 31: Conestoga Mall - Columbia/Wilmot Line via Eastbridge + Saturday Service

• 35: Conestoga Mall - Charles St. Terminal via Bridge-Lancaster-Wellington + Sunday Service

• 201: RIM - Forest Glen

• 202: RIM - The Boardwalk via University Ave East

Proposed 202 iXpress University stops:

• The Boardwalk Terminal

• Ira Needles / Thorndale

• Ira Needles / Erb

• Erb / Fischer-Hallman

• Erb / Amos

• Erb / Westmount

• University / Seagram

• University / Phillip

• Laurier

• University / Weber

• University / Marsland

• University / Lincoln

• University / Bridge

• University / Pastern

• University / Auburn

• University / Lexington

• University / New Bedford

• University / R.I.M. Park

• University / R.I.M.

Proposed 201 iXpress extension stops:

• Columbia / Hazel

• King / Columbia

• King / Weber

• King / Manulife

• Conestoga Mall Terminal

• Northfield / Bridge

• University / R.I.M.

Also 201 and 202 will probably be interlined.

Such a shit expansion, then they cut more service in Kitchener and Cambridge

This whole system is more of a mess every year...

Such a shit expansion, then they cut more service in Kitchener and Cambridge

This whole system is more of a mess every year...

They're only cutting service in Kitchener and Cambridge for the summer...

PS: More than half of the ridership is university students anyway, who live in Waterloo.