Transit 20

Grand River Transit

It will also be operated by Voyageur Transportation Services rather than Hendry Coach Lines, speaking of which, low floor cutaway buses here yet or nah?

27 minutes ago, Wonka said:

2206 was wandering around East Hamilton today with a training thing on the back. No idea why.

wandering around...

last time seeing training vehicle on Nov10, 532,probably running along rt.9 still alive?

transit 20's prediction suddenly become true...:o

WP_20151110_12_20_30_Pro.png

WP_20151110_12_20_30_Pro.png.e4806f5aabc

was talking to a friend who works inside the garage 3 22xx are now training buses and 2207 is the last active 22xx all others are parked and 2206 was in hamilton for this class to get there driver test 

6 minutes ago, 2281 said:

I can't wait for the Nova's to retire.

The older novas (24xx-26xx) yes they need to be  retired

Actually for now the 20 will still be servicing that stop. There is some discussion about it's effectivness due to it's location.

so i heard a few days ago that Hendry bus lines has lost the contract to run the bus plus routes and voyageur will start running all bus plus routes may 2.

13 hours ago, Transit 20 said:

so i heard a few days ago that Hendry bus lines has lost the contract to run the bus plus routes and voyageur will start running all bus plus routes may 2.

This is a true statement. As of last week Voyageur has been awarded the bus plus contract, including the new 77.

3 hours ago, GMoldlook said:

So...with no College expansion service this fall, is there any word on route changes or tweaks that may still happen in September?

New BusPlus service to Hanson/Family Centre will launch in September.

In June, 34 Bingemans will change to use Margaret instead of Lancaster, to improve reliability by avoiding the railway crossing at Lancaster.

8 hours ago, dj.surf.lfs said:

New BusPlus service to Hanson/Family Centre will launch in September.

In June, 34 Bingemans will change to use Margaret instead of Lancaster, to improve reliability by avoiding the railway crossing at Lancaster.

34 using Margaret should have happened from the start. The lights at Wellington and Lancaster and the railway crossing were cutting into the schedule

1 hour ago, Transit 20 said:

still i dont believe anybody who dont work at GRT now i want to hear it from inside GRT from now on i change who i trust with info now 

And the drama lives on lmao

Not 20... but I think ythe number was 6 for each model of bus to figure out the best placement. All should be installed by September. With an October roll out for the new fare media.

I couldn't really find a thread on this subject, maybe someone could point me in the right direction. But does anyone have any information about current hiring for bus operators?