Grand River Transit

Transit 20

No, it's because Presto couldn't tell the Region what kind of fare structures would be allowed, whether a number of "must-haves" and "important-to-haves" could be provided, or even how much the system would cost.

Having seen the problems Presto has had in its development, the roll-out that continues to be slow and with numerous problems, and the potential for irrelevance of such a closed system, I'm glad we didn't bind ourselves to it.

No, it's because Presto couldn't tell the Region what kind of fare structures would be allowed, whether a number of "must-haves" and "important-to-haves" could be provided, or even how much the system would cost.

Having seen the problems Presto has had in its development, the roll-out that continues to be slow and with numerous problems, and the potential for irrelevance of such a closed system, I'm glad we didn't bind ourselves to it.

So your are saying that GRT's fare collection system will be flawless ?? Are you new ?

My driver friends say you don't know anything.

reported.

So you're reporting me yet you said someone else doesn't know anything?

You're also reported.

Seriously... This is a *TRANSIT* discussion board of all things, and you guys are fighting over something like this? Grow up guys, you are grown men, set an example for everyone else.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just on the 7C to Conestoga Mall, and as we approached Victoria/Joseph, a new announcement was put over the stop announcements that said, "Any Customers on Route 20, transfer here for buses to Charles Street Terminal and Downtown" or something along that line, I probably messed the wording up a tad. I hope they apply this to other routes for transfer points and terminals!

There are messages like this on the 200 & 51 buses now when either are near the new ION-Pinebush stop. Can't remember the wording but something to the effect that the 200 no longer stops at the Cambridge Smart Centre, and passengers can transfer at the Pinebush stop to the 51 to reach the Smart Centre.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

im back 21206 was hit in the back end from a truck last night reports say the frame is bent nobody was hurt another bus possibly retired.

I think they can still fix it. There are special tools that are used to bend a frame back into a straighter state. The bus will be gone for a while, but I'm confident that it'll be back.

So 21314 is on the 51 right now.

When did Cambridge get XD40s? I was there on Monday and it was straight Nova in Cambridge.

Any heavy duty truck body shop can handle that no problem. No way that bus is retired too new for the insurance to write that off.

Even when 2605 went up in flames, they were able to get the bus fixed and returned to service, and they had to pretty much replace the entire rear end of it. So I definitely don't think they will retire it. Like Chris said, it will be away for an extended period of time, but we will see it in service again sometime.