Grand River Transit

Transit 20

I think 7, 8, 12 needs a major cleanup, but with the university petition, I don't think the 2015 service change (at least the cleaning up 7 part) will actually be put into place... which is kind of depressing because the petition is so misleading, yet 1,200 short-visioned students (sorry for the blunt word use here) signed it anyways... 7D/7E ending up staying means more and more complaints over the route...

I think we and the planners know that students might be unhappy about slightly longer walks, but they will pretty quickly (in the timescale of GRT changes) learn and change where they live accordingly. It won't take very long. Lots of students are moving to Northdale anyway, and the 92 would serve that just fine, as would any of the other ten or so routes that travel University and Columbia.

Bringing up the 92 to an all-day service could be a possible idea. One idea that I just thought of is to run the 92 around UW just like the 7D/E is currently doing until the LRT is up in service and then going back to the original circle. It would basically do a figure 8 with UW as the centre point.

What do you guys think?

Bringing up the 92 to an all-day service could be a possible idea. One idea that I just thought of is to run the 92 around UW just like the 7D/E is currently doing until the LRT is up in service and then going back to the original circle. It would basically do a figure 8 with UW as the centre point.

What do you guys think?

That makes some sense to me. It's either that, or route the 92 just along the west side of Ring Road.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was in Cambridge on Friday January 9 and I couldn't help noticing that Hendry Bus Lines still hasn't obtained delivery of its low floor cutaways. I say that as 70H was on route 72 when I got there. Can anybody confirm that they have gotten the new buses for BusPlus?

GRT budget goes in front of council tonight we should find out how many XD40s will be coming this year i am hearning a high number.

It's the first full draft being presented, so it's subject to refinement in the next few weeks or so. It calls for 12 expansion buses, which I believe should've gotten pre-budget approval last year.

It's the first full draft being presented, so it's subject to refinement in the next few weeks or so. It calls for 12 expansion buses, which I believe should've gotten pre-budget approval last year.

Unless an exception was made this year, the pre-budget approval is for the replacement buses and the expansion buses are ordered now. Because buses ordered now won't be delivered by September they defer retirement of some older buses to launch service in September.

• 2 weeks later...