Grand River Transit

Transit 20

nothin will get cut there doing a major expanison like the 22 getting sunday service and the 204 goes into service.

lolwtf

Where have you been the past few years? A little Saturday service here, some midday service there, I promise you that something is going to get cut in favor of the 204 iWillProbablyHaveABillionStopsLikeThe203.

I also love their priorities. Sunday service for a place where ridership is non-existent off-peak vs. extra service on the overloaded 10/16. Genius. Absolutely genius. suicidal.gif

Upcoming Public Consultation Centres: http://www.grt.ca/en/newslist/index.aspx?corpId=wz5lA5H3lWePGxxCBEXdLQgpHQeQuAleQuAl&newsId=5XJaZalh958sWhe6xbI7HAeQuAleQuAl

Who wants to speculate on whats getting cut next year?

Heh from that thorough list of "modifications" I'd say the 17 would be folded into the 1, 24 + 25 are combined, 15 and 23 combined, 19 ditched for a bigger 20, dont know how else they could butcher the 2 without folding it into the 22, which by the way should've had Sunday service about 14 years ago. I could almost see them swapping the 7b and 8 franklin routing near the end of the route. That's my guesses anyways. Anything is possible in GRT land

Where have you been the past few years? A little Saturday service here, some midday service there, I promise you that something is going to get cut in favor of the 204 iWillProbablyHaveABillionStopsLikeThe203.

The cynicism is just annoying. It is also incorrect. They have been doing major service expansions in the odd years, as part of the Regional Transportation Master Plan implementation.

Why does GRT add so much unnecessary information to the INIT? Today it was saying some incomprehensible BS about vacating seats - in addition to displaying "please move to the back" on the screen.

I can already see where this is going:

Next Stop

Fairview Park

Oct 17, 2:51 p.m.

Please move to the back

Please leave by rear door

Have a nice day

www.grt.ca

Welcome aboard

Oktoberfest! Free ride after 11 p.m.

whatsthat.gif

Why does GRT add so much unnecessary information to the INIT? Today it was saying some incomprehensible BS about vacating seats - in addition to displaying "please move to the back" on the screen.

Probably the same reason GRT adds "Have a nice day" type messages to the header sign. They seem like a nice idea if you don't understand how important always-available route information can be to riders.

Customers don't read the Destination sign anyway! You pull up to a stop ............the sign reads 7D UW, and they get on the bus and ask you, "Does this bus go to the Mall?"

The behaviour of a tiny percent of riders is not representative. And come on, you know that people read the destination sign because most of the time people will get on the right bus at stops shared by multiple routes.

As for the 7D specifically, with the total mess of branches that is Route 7, it's hardly surprising that people would be confused with or without the destination sign.

I wonder what the 1, 15, 17, 24, 25 and 204 will look like in the Spring. Cannot wait to see these maps for the service changes.

I'm more interested in the 7 Mainline. The boys from TriTAG have a hardon for a route no branches without putting any thought into service coverage in the south. Their proposal from 2011 would put 10+ minute service on a corridor that doesn't warrant it, and leaving the Kingsdale area with piss-poor route 8 service.

I would settle for a 7 Mainline with two branches:

7A via Connaught

7B via Weber (minus Kinzie and Thaler assuming service on River and Fairway is increased)

The 8 via Franklin would be realigned to travel the full length of Franklin, then Wilson to/from Fairview Park.

Possibly. I can see route 1 becker/belleview extension gone and it taking over route 17, route 2 discontinued, route 15 moved out to shirley, route 17 discontinued, route 23 replaces route 15' old routing but via Frederick to Victoria, route 7 A taking Wilson as well as Connaught, 7B/C increased service frequency, 8 Franklin extended to Ottawa Lackner Terminal and East extension is removed.

Well the new maps are out. Looks like the East Ave. extension on the 8 is gone

Route 22 gets day sunday service (not good enough) route 23 should service Sims Estate and Zeller Drive to Stanley Park Mall and Franklin, Wilson to Fairview Park as a 2 way loop. I like the new 1, 2, 25, 204 and 205 (stage 1)