Grand River Transit

Transit 20

• 3 weeks later...

In which a driver illegally cutting off a legally-driving GRT bus accuses the GRT driver of obnoxiously running a red light: https://twitter.com/miketdavies/status/497579333620621313

:rolleyes:

Mike Davies seems like a pretty ignorant driver to me, IMHO. Sure, the bus should have "maybe" stayed back at the stop bar, but Davies sure showed that he's an idiot pulling out in front of the bus, honking his horn like an @sshole, and then forwarding the whole thing to GRT. I certainly hope GRT look at the video on the bus, taken from the drivers perspective. I wonder if he's ever had to rely on the bus to get to work? Just 1 more @sshole driving in KW.

I'm surprised no one sent this to WRPS

Why? In fact, why would you even say, or suggest that? They should charge Davies with being an "@sshole", which he certainly comes across as.

Mike's heading from his Twitter Account ..................so true!

Mike Davies

@miketdavies

Product manager, just technical enough to be dangerous. Cars, travel, phones, other fun stuff. My views are those of a blowhard smartass.

Wow! He even admits he's an ass!

Do any of the GRT Fanboys care to explain why northbound run times on the 200 iXpress will be exactly the same as they are now, even with the lengthy and unnecessary diversion into Sportsworld Crossing?

Are you reading the same schedules I am? I noticed that the run time difference seemed less for northbound, but it's still there. E.g. the 7:15am run from Ainslie to Fairview is now scheduled at 35 minutes, but that's going to 40. The 12:45pm run goes from 32 minutes to 38 minutes.

It appears that overall northbound trip times starting at 1 PM will be less than those of today, even with the diversion into Sportsworld Crossing.

Current:

1:00 AST ... 2:20 CML (80 minutes)

September 2nd:

1:05 AST ... 2:22 CML (77 minutes)

I haven't looked at the southbound times, but I can only imagine that it's more bullshit.

It appears that overall northbound trip times starting at 1 PM will be less than those of today, even with the diversion into Sportsworld Crossing.

I'm seeing for those trips, at least the time from Ottawa St to Charles St terminal cut down by 4 minutes. Are they eliminating layovers?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...